cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite WiFi Hub App - listed devices don't belong to me

FelipeVancim
I plan to stick around

I had my Ignite Internet/TV installed yesterday and when I opened the Ignite WiFi app I notice some devices listed that don't belong to me. Looks like they gave me a used modem and they did not factory reset it. I told the technician that the devices are not mine (also the date last seen is last year) but he said it was a new modem. I also can see all mac address of the devices. 

Should I just factory reset the modem or ask for a new one?

Screenshot_20200113-134827_Ignite WiFi.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-141248_Ignite WiFi.jpg

*Added Labels*

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ignite WiFi Hub App - listed devices don't belong to me

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@FelipeVancim  You can try to perform a factory reset on the XB6 modem.  You'll find the instructions for doing this here.  You can also find a Forum post (and discussion) on how to do perform a factory reset here as well.  I'm just surprised that the tech didn't do this when the modem was first installed.

When the Wi-Fi SSID and password got get up, do remember if the tech configured this through a "setup wizard" that walked him (or her) through the process step-by-step or did he hit the "EDIT" button to change an existing configuration?

Before performing the reset, remember that you'll need to connect to the modem somehow to reconfigure it.  The default Wi-Fi credentials should be printed on a label on the bottom of the modem.  You should also be able to connect to it using WPS.  You can also connect a computer directly with an Ethernet cable.

If these mystery devices come back, the device information may have been stored in the cloud in the Ignite WiFi Hub.  If you are unable to clear the devices, you'll need to contact either Rogers Tech Support or send a PM to  @CommunityHelps  team for further assistance.

froninc
I've been around

I have a device that says its connected to my wifi, but there is no such phone in the house. I can't remove it because it says i need to disconnect the device frpm the wifi first.  Is someone accessing my wifi?

it says Nokia phone AndroidP 9.0 

Do you have an android box? Wonder if its miss reporting and showing up as that?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Could somebody in the house have assigned a random MAC address to a device as a first step to bypassing parental controls?  Could someone have given out the WiFi password to a visiting neighbour?

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation