cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Wi-Fi Hub App is Buggy/Slow

Cepheus74
I plan to stick around

Why do I have to use an App to manage devices on my network, its bugging and slow.

Either fix it or move it to a web-based service.

Thanks.

*** Edited Labels/Title ***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ignite Wi-Fi Hub App is Buggy/Slow

RogersZia

Good evening @Cepheus74

Welcome to the Community!

The Ignite WiFi Hub app is a great way to manage the WiFi and the devices in your home. We want to make sure the app works efficiently for you too. How long have you noticed these issues for? I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my end, may I know what device are you using and if you're on the latest update? Have you tried to access the app on more than one device? 

Typically restarting the device can act as a fresh start and clear any issues that may have been caused by memory conflicts within the device. Please let us know if it helps resolve the issue.

Alternately you can also access https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/ via the browser.

Hope this helps :).

RogersZia

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cepheus74 wrote:

Why do I have to use an App to manage devices on my network, its bugging and slow.

Either fix it or move it to a web-based service.

The Ignite WiFi Hub mobile app is required in order to install Ignite WiFi Pods.  Other than that, use of the mobile app is totally optional.  Many people love it; it's a very convenient way to manage your home network from anywhere.  Some prefer to use a web browser on their computer and use the Ignite WiFi Hub web portal instead.

Some users don't use Pods, don't use the mobile or web apps, and manage their XB6 gateway only through its internal Gateway/Network Management Tool.  It all depends on which Ignite Internet features you choose to use and how you choose to manage your home network.

EdH
I plan to stick around

So, I recently got ignite TV (Oct 15/20) and I had no success with the myrogers app and after one and a half hours of waiting for the app to start, I gave up and was about to throw in the towel when I noticed the alternate way of setting this up by plugging in the main unit and connecting my laptop to it to give my network a name and the WPA2 password. After this, I was able to easily connect my TVs, computers and landline to the main unit.

All works and I am able to change flex channels, both TVs are paired to the receivers and all seems to be working well. Today I logged into the gateway after accidentally finding it and was able to set my Admin password. I tried to access ignitewifi.rogers.com which gave an error - It appears you do not have Ignite and cannot access this site.

So, I doubt if there is anything I really need this site for now as I seem to have everything up and running but is this normal? I had to borrow a cell phone to try and get the app as I have no data plan, nor do I need one, but I would assume that the website would work and I could login with my computer.

As I am a recent subscriber to ignite, is this just a matter of too many new subscribers signing up and the "paper work" not catching up, somebody not doing their job, or just Internet wonkiness? As I see it currently, I probably don't even need this site but I could be mistaken.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@EdH  The Ignite WiFi Hub is only needed if you want to use the fancy features that Rogers advertises in their commercials: centralized cloud-based management so that you can manage your Ignite gateway and WiFi from anywhere, manage Parental Controls, pause WiFi for some devices, and if you want to manage your network using the mobile app.  You will also need it if you should ever want to install Ignite WiFi Pods to expand your Wi-Fi coverage.  If you don't need or want any of those features, then your current setup is totally fine.  Also, as soon as you start using the Ignite WiFi Hub (web portal or mobile app) the Hub's back-end systems will assume control of your XB6 gateway, after which you will lose access to some settings in the XB6's Web UI and you may not be able to regain full control of your modem again.

As for the delay in some of the Ignite back-end services getting activated on your account, ideally you would want to have everything fully up and running on your installation date but this problem isn't unheard of either.  For example, some people have had to wait a few days before they are able to exchange Flex Channels.

EdH
I plan to stick around

Thanks for your reply. I don't need any of those services, even my wifi works in my office, which is the furthest room from the main unit, my internet is faster now than it ever was with standard TV and ignite internet so I am good to go for now. I was able to change flex channels from day one, and sign up for Netflix so my spouse is happy too.

EdH
I plan to stick around

I phoned Rogers today and in order to resolve the issue, I had to get our old account deleted and a new account set up. Apparently the website and app are linked so if one fails, so does the other.  I am now able to log into ignitewifi.rogers.com and do whatever it is I need to do. I haven't tried the app yet but I am sure it will work now as well.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation