cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV Mobile App

Pro1969
I've been here awhile

The information says “ watch anytime anywhere”, this is not true, for some of the content you have to be on your home network , and for all content you have to be in Canada. As a subscriber to Rogers I think “Anywhere” should actually be anywhere you can access the Internet. If not, then remove Anywhere” from the advertising and replace with “anywhere in Canada for some of our content”. Misleading customers is why people change providers.

*** Added Labels ***

34 REPLIES 34

Re: Ignite TV Mobile App

blakejjones
I've been around

Just to add my experience.  Previously I used Rogers Cable and had a Slingbox which allowed me to access my Rogers channels and PVR from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.  When I inquired about Rogers Ignite TV, I specifically asked if I could access it from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD and the Rogers employee said emphatically yes!  Fine print or not, he lied directly to me about Rogers Ignite TV capabilites.  So, foolishly believing him, I switched only to find out that, indeed, you can't access your Rogers Ignite TV from ANYWHERE.  I read that it's some sort of publishing rights or contractual restrictions.  I see the Bell is now offering their streaming access and they state in their TV commercials that you can access it ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD,  wonder how they are able to do so when Rogers is not.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@blakejjones wrote:

I see the Bell is now offering their streaming access and they state in their TV commercials that you can access it ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD,  wonder how they are able to do so when Rogers is not.

Bell uses a different technology from Rogers for remote recording and for streaming.  It appears that  Rogers is currently unwilling to pay royalties for this technology.  See similar discussion in the link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/WANT-Scheduling-recording-from-phone-app/m-p/447679#...

marcuskai6
I've been around

I cannot download the Ignite TV App on my tablet

Samsung Tab 3

4.4.4 OS

Error: This application is not compatible with your device.

The requirements say 4.1 for OS and no other pre-requisite.

Why can't I download the app?

Welcome to the Community @marcuskai6!

Thanks for your post. Watch live TV, On Demand content and your Cloud PVR recordings on any device at home or on the go. You can also download your Cloud PVR recordings to your device and watch anywhere.

The Ignite TV app is free to use with your Ignite TV subscription, using your MyRogers login credentials. It's compatible with :

• Android 5.0 or higher
  • Apple iOS 11.0 or later

For more info, visit this page.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

seanxushen
I plan to stick around

This is stupid!!!

Why I cant airplay my Ignite TV app sound from my ipad to my homepod. 

I could understand that Ignite TV app does not want ppl to use airplay to the Apple TV, so they could get around Rogers ignite TV boxes.  But why not sound only?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@seanxushen wrote:

Why I cant airplay my Ignite TV app sound from my ipad to my homepod. 

Does the homepod have bluetooth?  If it does, then you should be able to "pair" the iPad with that device for audio.  I occasionally use bluetooth for my Stingray App music on my iPad...

seanxushen
I plan to stick around

No Homepod only using wifi and through Apple airplay / airplay 2.. Rogers shall allow voice / sound only airplay (I do know that exist) though, not allowing it it totally is not acceptable..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

hmm, specs say it has bluetooth (under wireless).

https://www.apple.com/homepod/specs/

However, it cannot be used as a bluetooth speaker, as outlined upon further research below:

https://www.idownloadblog.com/2018/02/02/homepod-cannot-be-used-as-a-regular-bluetooth-speaker/

Sorry.  That's a real downer.

There is a hack...

https://www.imore.com/software-architect-built-device-gives-homepod-bluetooth-support

seanxushen
I plan to stick around

The hack does not work as " There are some gotchas with this solution. Since it’s streaming audio using AirPlay, there is a 2 second delay between when the audio input is received and when it is played on the HomePod, which means BabelPod won’t work well for video or gaming." (from BabelPod web site).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I saw that, but what's it matter if there is a delay if you're only listening to audio?  What audio is it that you want?

seanxushen
I plan to stick around

I like to hang my IPAD at the kitchen and play CP24, and want the voice come out through homepod (because the IPAD own sound volume is too low). May be I did not explain my application clearly..

SKutty900
I've been around

From my experience (only) you can’t watch the PVR’d stuff in all provinces in Canada (even) on your iPad if not downloaded first. Rogers was unable to help. Seems to work ok on a computer using the web. Nit great if you only have your iPad! 

MarkSDVM
I've been around

Hello.

I had a spar with Rogers recently because I was not able to stream (mirror/airplay) Rogers Ignite TV from my iphone to a larger television set (I like to watch TV when in my gym, and its an older TV, and I already pay for 2 other boxes in my home).  Previously I had Bell Fibe and was able to watch full lineup of channels at my cottage on a separate TV, but I was told Rogers policy is to not allow mirroring.  What do they lose by doing this?  I am not in an area now where I can get Fibe but the minute it comes here I will be moving back. This limitation is nuts. They want me to watch TV from my iPhone or iPad only... talk about pissing off customers when there is a competitor allowing it.

Any workaround? Someone needs to tell Rogers their policy is ridiculous.

Hello, @MarkSDVM

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand your desire to cast the Ignite TV app to a larger screen. At the moment, casting is only possible using a Chromecast device. If this changes in the future we will ensure to update the community.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Topic Stats