cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App on iPhone not working

timdesouza
I'm here a lot

The Ignite TV app on multiple iPhones (XS and 😎 not working.

Receiving the following error.

Server Error :: TVAPP-00206

Troubleshooting performed

Deleted the app and reinstalled. The same error appears.

On wifi the error appears

Turn off wifi the error appears

Hoping someone can help.

***EDITED LABELS***

Tim
Long time Rogers customer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV App on iPhone not working

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Thank you so much @timdesouza.

Assuming you've already attempted uninstalling/reinstalling the app, I would definitely recommend reaching out to support at your earliest convenience as based on the information provided it's possible that we  may have to have a ticket escalated for this issue. Alternatively you're welcome to reach out to us here @RogersHelps. 

Thank you so much for posting and I hope to see this issue resolved for you soon!

@RogersAndy

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

RogersMoin

Hello, @timdesouza.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community; happy to find a solution for you. 

I have a few questions for you so we can sort this out, hope you don't mind: 

• Does the Ignite TV app ever work before on your iPhones?
  • Does the app work on cellular data?
  • Do you have the app working on any other device?
  • Can you sign-in to the web portal at ignitetv.rogers.com?

I look forward to working with you!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Thanks for reaching out.

Here are my responses.

• Does the Ignite TV app ever work before on your iPhones?
    • Yes it used to work
  • Does the app work on cellular data?
    • No it doesn't. Same error code on cellular and wifi
  • Do you have the app working on any other device?
    • No it doesn't work on my other iPhone
  • Can you sign-in to the web portal at ignitetv.rogers.com?
    • Yes I can sign into ignitetv.rogers.com on my laptop. On my iphones when I try to log into ignitetv.rogers.com from Safari it prompts me to open the app. 
Tim

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Thank you so much @timdesouza.

Assuming you've already attempted uninstalling/reinstalling the app, I would definitely recommend reaching out to support at your earliest convenience as based on the information provided it's possible that we  may have to have a ticket escalated for this issue. Alternatively you're welcome to reach out to us here @RogersHelps. 

Thank you so much for posting and I hope to see this issue resolved for you soon!

@RogersAndy

Thanks and you are correct that I already attempted to uninstall/reinstall on both of my iPhones with similar results. I will reach out to tech support when time permits.

Thanks.

Tim

RedMarvel
I plan to stick around

So, I decided to get Ignite because there was an offer that was 1/3rd what Nextbox would cost per month.  The instructions that came with the new Ignite box say I need to install the Ignite App to get the instructions on how to install the Ignite system.  I install the Ignite App and it says I cannot continue because I'm not an Ignite customer.   Ended up calling Rogers support to help install the Ignite system.  Now the Ignite App says "Sorry, there is a problem on our end.  Thanks for your patience while we fix it.  Please check back later."  

I should have checked if Ignite had issues in these forums before I ever decided to try using it.

I am NOT happy.

Hello @RedMarvel

I hope you are staying safe and sound! 😊 I've had my Ignite TV service for quite some time now and rely on my Ignite TV app while I am on the go to ensure I don't miss out on any of my favorite shows. It's quite a convenient app to have! 👍 

It sounds like your account may not be linked to the email address/username that you are utilizing. It may very well need to be provisioned on the backend. What MyRogers User ID are you using to log in with? Are you able to log into your account on Rogers.com using the same login credentials? Have you tried logging in again using a different browser/device? 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

RogersJo

FMG
I've been around

It has been over a month since an IOS update was done that I am no longer able to watch tv on my Ignite TV app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 20 times. I keep getting the error TVAPP-00100. I can only get as far as the 3 dots. 

To date no fix has been done and when I saw the app did a fix yesterday, I tried again and got the same result. I am frustrated that this has still not been resolved. 

Hello, @FMG

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can imagine how frustrating it is to lose access to your Ignite TV app for over a month already. We definitely want to help you regain access. Please answer the questions below so we can have more details.

• Can you confirm if there are any other devices affected or is it just the one iPhone?
  • Did this only start  happening after upgrading to iOS14?
  • Do you have any issue logging into ignitetv.rogers.com from a web browser?
  • Have you reached out to tech support to advise of the issue?

We look forward to working with you to get this resolved.

RogersTony

rara14
I've been here awhile

Unable to sign in using ignitetv app on iphone SE2

I downloaded the ignite tv app on the iphone... when I launch the app... Get started > sign in > asks for username/pw BUT there is no more sign in link/button on the username / pw page. HELP.

Hey there @rara14!

We appreciate you posting your issue here in the forums and congrats on this being your first post! Hopefully, the first of many more to come. 😊

I've also downloaded the Ignite TV app on my S10 and enjoy using it when I'm not near a TV...it's pretty cool! We certainly want to ensure you get access to is as well! Just a few questions for you to help get to the bottom of this! 

- Is the issue happening while using WiFi, mobile data, or both?

- Is the same issue happening on multiple devices or when you try to log in via a web browser? (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)

- Are you noticing any error messages when trying to log in?

- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as clearing your app cache, rebooting your device, and/or reinstalling the app again? Sometimes, these steps may do the trick!

Please keep us posted! 

RogersLaura

rara14
I've been here awhile
- Is the issue happening while using WiFi, mobile data, or both?
ISSUE IS HAPPENING WHILE USING BOTH

- Is the same issue happening on multiple devices or when you try to log in via a web browser? (Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
WORKS ON IPAD, BUT NOT ON IPHONE (SE2, 5S, 7)

- Are you noticing any error messages when trying to log in?
NO ERROR MESSAGE.
LOG IN LINK IS NOT PRESENT ON THE PAGE WHERE I TYPE USERNAME AND PASSWORD -- THIS IS THE ISSUE.

- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as clearing your app cache, rebooting your device, and/or reinstalling the app again?
YES, TRIED ALL THE STEPS ABOVE. IT DID NOT WORK

Hello, @rara14

Thanks for providing us with the answers to the requested questions.

Can you provide us with the iOS versions of the affected devices?

RogersTony

rara14
I've been here awhile
ios 14

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @rara14!

Thanks so much, I would recommend reaching out to support or us here @CommunityHelps at your convenience so a ticket can be escalated for further investigation. We appreciate your patience.

You can read more about our private messaging system here.

@RogersAndy

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 in conversation