cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App on Tablet Connected Through Hotspot

chealey
I've been around

I would like to watch Ignite TV on my tablet since it has a bigger screen than my cell phone.  I am connected to mobile data and the Ignite TV app work on the phone, but if I enable the phone as a hot spot and then connect the tablet to it, I discovered that the Ignite TV app on the tablet doesn't work.  I'm assuming it's the way that the app gets "permission".  Is there a way to get it work with this type of setup?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV App on Tablet Connected Through Hotspot

RogersZia

Good evening @chealey,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It's definitely a better viewing experience on a tablet screen versus the phone screen. I tried to replicate the set up on my end and it did not work for me either. It can be either tied to the permissions or that it's unable to read your location (I got a location message prompt). 

If you do not have Wi-Fi readily available to you, you may need to look into getting a SIM Card for your tablet. Unless of course using the phone as a hotspot was a one-off scenario.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ignite TV App on Tablet Connected Through Hotspot

RogersZia

Good evening @chealey,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It's definitely a better viewing experience on a tablet screen versus the phone screen. I tried to replicate the set up on my end and it did not work for me either. It can be either tied to the permissions or that it's unable to read your location (I got a location message prompt). 

If you do not have Wi-Fi readily available to you, you may need to look into getting a SIM Card for your tablet. Unless of course using the phone as a hotspot was a one-off scenario.

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation