Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bplayer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

Edge browser 87.0.664.60 on Win 10 now plays recorded programs with Flash being blocked. There is a little symbol in the search bar that says "Flash was blocked on this page".

Opening the same Ignite page on Firefox pops up a message that Flash is required.

Looks like a work-in-progress, so they are getting there.

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I use Brave most of the time (Chrome based) still tries to load Flash. I tried Safari It says incompatible with Safari 14. On Edge 87.0.664.66 on Win 10 it wants to set up Flash.
schmidtp
I Plan to Stick Around

So, what's the deal now???

This is not unanticipated and Mother Comcast has solutions so Rogers, what is going to happen? More importantly when? 12 days and counting.

This problem only came up to my attention yesterday as he Ignite set top box died. I now have to watch TV on my IMac. Safari won't work as Flash is no longer supported with it. I had to download Firefox and go through an ominous task to install flash and that will finish working on 31 December too.

As an aside, a bizarre situation with the Ignite set top box. It died, as I said. You cannot get a replacement one at the local Rogers store as they seem not to be a Ignite store??? You have to call Rogers and after a 35 minute wait to be told that they are not Ignite and they need to forward you to Ignite help...and another 35 minute wait. Then to be told that the will have to send me a box in 2 or 3 days. I asked if one of the numerous Rogers trucks driving around had boxes and he said yes. I asked why they cannot drop one off to me and they said no, that is not the process??? It has to be mailed out??

Geez Rogers....get it together please!

Don_Ca

When I needed a replacement box, twice, it was a tech that dropped it off. Note, he left me the old power supplies which make a great USB C quick charger for phones 😉
schmidtp
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry for going off topic. I just wanted folks to know how stupid the replacement"process" is.
I only realized rhte Flash issue when the boxes died and I was tryig to cast the image to the TV. When I could not becasue Flash is not supported on the Mac that I questioned Rogers timelessness. I am till wondering when Rogers s going to replace the flash requirement as the end is nigh LOL
kc880
I've Been Around

Looks like it works now on Edge Chrome.  No errors or warning messages, just works without flash.  

schmidtp
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe I said on a Mac...
Don_Ca

I never use Safari, but I just fired it up to confirm it works fine.
Philip144
I Plan to Stick Around

I use Microsoft Edge DEV Version 89.0.731.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit) and as of today it works fine.  Trust a communications company to be the absolute worst at communications with its customers!

View solution in original post

schmidtp
I Plan to Stick Around

Great for you. Not for me.
Bottom line is that Rogers has not done anything for the demise of Flash. 132 posts have expressed that.

The poster above me said it best, trust a communications company to have such poor communication of an issue everyone is aware of.