cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

Philip144
I plan to stick around

This App requires Adobe Flash when using Windows 10 Pro and Edge (Developers Beta).  Microsoft has indicated Flash will not be supported after December 2020 by any of it's browsers.  Will Rogers be addressing this problem (and please don't point me to Chrome, just answer the question).

*Added Labels*

70 REPLIES 70

Re: Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I've been wondering since I read the last thread about it, since the tablet and phone app don't use flash, all they need to do is to apply the flashless version to the desktop version. I'm assuming the tablet/phone app use HTML5 instead of flash...

I don't want to loose access to the desktop/laptop version at the end of the year either, I live in a non-sound proof apartment building, headphones are almost required...

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps  Could you please inquire internally as to the current status of the Flash to HTML 5 migration(s) and when they expect this to be completed?  Some browsers have already dropped support for the Adobe Flash Player, and the Chromium and Mozilla teams have announced plans to remove support for invoking the Flash plugin from their code.  In a very short period of time, it will literally be impossible to view any Flash-based sites from any of your officially-supported web browsers.

A status update (and some sort of announcement) would also be helpful, especially for those of us who do not even have the Adobe Flash Player installed on our systems, and who have given up trying to log into https://ignitetv.rogers.com site hoping to, one day, stop seeing the dreaded "install Flash" page.

Thanks!

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I just tried to go check now and got this:

Sorry, we're having some trouble

Ignite TV is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

(Error TVAPP-00121)

Bplayer
I'm a trusted contributor

It is working for me in an Edge browser on Win 10 with Flash set to allow. But I do wonder when they are going to make the conversion.

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around

does anyone know what will happen to downloading the ignite app to a Windows laptop etc once Adobe Flash player ends Dec 31, 2020?

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Read back through this thread, Comcast has converted, Rogers will "soon"

Irakandjii
I've been here awhile

Well Bell just ran fiber to my house.  Looks like it is time to change.  First the flawed "guest" access and now this.  Too much to take. 

bscrivens
I plan to stick around
  • Well it is officially 25 days until Flash is no longer supported. Has there been any new updates on this, or will I no longer be able to access Rogers Ignite TV on my desktop computer on January 1, 2021?

Irakandjii
I've been here awhile

I am on Bell now, this was too much for me to continue to waste my time with Rogers

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Rogers is still on Flash. Comcast has not flipped them over, yet.

bscrivens
I plan to stick around

So we're just outta luck then in 2021?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps  Could you please reach out internally to the technical team(s) responsible for https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ and find out where things stand with the migration from Flash Player to HTML5, and provide us with update?

Thanks!

Hello Community,

I can completely understand your concerns with how the decommissioning of the Flash Player will affect your Ignite TV service and streaming via the web browser.

We are updating our platform with alternative standards that would replace the need for Adobe Flash. We’ll automatically replace Flash with a new platform.

Between now and December 31, you can continue using the web portal and enabling Flash if asked.

RogersTony

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Do you know when that is happening? If not, can you find out?

Philip144
I plan to stick around

Sorry Tony, Microsoft has screwed up and Edge no longer accesses Adobe Flash, so I am screwed!  Get your replacements out asap please.

Bplayer

I still have access to Flash on Edge. Click on the lock icon when at the Ignite page and click on the then allow Flash.

Philip144
I plan to stick around
I am using Edge Dev.

Bplayer

If you need a temporary workaround then install the standard Edge. It can coexist with Edge Dev. All this should be resolved withing the next few weeks.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
"Should" It should have been done long before the deadline to deal with any problems.

Philip144
I plan to stick around

absolutely!

Topic Stats