Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

I tried to look for the existing thread on this but could not find it. The delay was Comcast. If you do not know, all the Rogers Ignite system is based on Comcast software. Comcast just, finally, finished the switch over from Flash. I expect Rogers to flip shortly.

ReneHache
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been wondering since I read the last thread about it, since the tablet and phone app don't use flash, all they need to do is to apply the flashless version to the desktop version. I'm assuming the tablet/phone app use HTML5 instead of flash...

I don't want to loose access to the desktop/laptop version at the end of the year either, I live in a non-sound proof apartment building, headphones are almost required...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps  Could you please inquire internally as to the current status of the Flash to HTML 5 migration(s) and when they expect this to be completed?  Some browsers have already dropped support for the Adobe Flash Player, and the Chromium and Mozilla teams have announced plans to remove support for invoking the Flash plugin from their code.  In a very short period of time, it will literally be impossible to view any Flash-based sites from any of your officially-supported web browsers.

A status update (and some sort of announcement) would also be helpful, especially for those of us who do not even have the Adobe Flash Player installed on our systems, and who have given up trying to log into https://ignitetv.rogers.com site hoping to, one day, stop seeing the dreaded "install Flash" page.

Thanks!

Don_Ca

I just tried to go check now and got this:

Sorry, we're having some trouble

Ignite TV is not available at the moment. Please try back soon.

(Error TVAPP-00121)
Bplayer
I'm a Trusted Contributor

It is working for me in an Edge browser on Win 10 with Flash set to allow. But I do wonder when they are going to make the conversion.

Babylegs1
I Plan to Stick Around

does anyone know what will happen to downloading the ignite app to a Windows laptop etc once Adobe Flash player ends Dec 31, 2020?

Don_Ca

Read back through this thread, Comcast has converted, Rogers will "soon"
Irakandjii
I've Been Here Awhile

Well Bell just ran fiber to my house.  Looks like it is time to change.  First the flawed "guest" access and now this.  Too much to take. 

bscrivens
I Plan to Stick Around

• Well it is officially 25 days until Flash is no longer supported. Has there been any new updates on this, or will I no longer be able to access Rogers Ignite TV on my desktop computer on January 1, 2021?