cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

Philip144
I Plan to Stick Around

This App requires Adobe Flash when using Windows 10 Pro and Edge (Developers Beta).  Microsoft has indicated Flash will not be supported after December 2020 by any of it's browsers.  Will Rogers be addressing this problem (and please don't point me to Chrome, just answer the question).

*Added Labels*

70 REPLIES 70

Re: Ignite TV App Web Version Requires Flash?

prepaidcardstatus wrote:

Are you using Firefox by any chance? It may have the add-in active even with no flash installed. Follow the directions below to disable it if it is still active.

1. Open Firefox and click on main menu (with three horizontal lines)
  2. In the menu, click on “Add-ons”.
  3. On the next page, you will see an option of “Plugins” in the left panel, click on it.
  4. Now, click on the drop down menu on the plugin “Shockwave Flash” and select “Never Activate”. This will disable the flash player

Thank you so much for helping with this wonderful article.

Philip144
I Plan to Stick Around

It has been 7 months since I started this thread and still no information from Rogers as to its plans.  This is disconcerting as I want to dump my "stupid" Smart Samsung TV for a 50" display attached to an Intel NUC unit to do all my "TV" and streaming with the simpler equipment.  Ignite would continue my use of the Rogers TV services which provides consistency for me and mine and ease of use with the familiar mouse and keyboard in place of those god-awful tiny-button boxes we have collected.

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

To be honest, it is not up to Rogers.  It is Comcast.  They bought all this from them.  When Rogers launched this, Flash was already dying with the announced end.  Rogers does none of the development on this, thank god, look at Navigtr!  

Comcast said 2018 was their date, so unless they travel in a blue Police box, that is not happening.   

Philip144
I Plan to Stick Around

So Ignite TV on my computers is dead after 31 December?  That's not good.

Philip144
I Plan to Stick Around

I contacted Comcast about this issue and they stated "Comcast will not let its customers down."  Lets hope so.