Ignite TV App - Not Connected to the Internet error

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite TV App - Not Connected to the Internet error

No, I need the 2.4 name to stay the same otherwise I need to reconfigure my whole network.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you change the 5 name to the 2.4 temporarily?

I've Been Here Awhile

Any resolution to this issue. I have been using ignite app since last year with no issues. A few weeks ago, i started getting the same not connected error when i am on my home wifi. When i switch to cell data it works. It's not my wifi because i can still browse, use netflix and cravetv apps. I tried clear cache and data. Uninstall and reinstall app, still doesn't work. I am using samsung galaxy prime. The weird part is when i click on the get started button after reinstall of app, it takes me to rogers.com. i sign in with user info then takes me back to the app and says i am not connected.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes. That's the problem. Used to work. No more. So not resolved.

Hello @qc3 and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for sharing all the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. Are you able to access the Ignite TV App from any other device? Are you able to successfully log in via the browser? Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

@zee, have you had a chance to try the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread? What device are you using? And when did the app stop working for you?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

1.Steps. Yes. Fail.
2. Samsung s9. Sony xperia both fail. Not device related.
3. When? Message 13 in this thread.
I Plan to Stick Around

I can connect on my laptop but not on my iPhone of pixel 3
I've Been Here Awhile

I can log in on my pc using a web browser with an ethernet connection. I am using SAMSUNG-SM-J320A running android 6.0. I haven't made any changes to my home network. I don't want to start changing my ssid then ill have to reconfigure my multiple ignite tv boxes, my printer, all my wireless devices and tvs. Like i state the ignite tv app was working previously nothing has change from my end.

Hello @zee,

Thank you for the information you have provided so far. I realize RogersTim had invited you to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps. Did you get a chance do so? 

@alijaffer, @qc3, thank you for the prompt response. Just need a little bit more info to figure out the issue.

• Are you guys running a VPN?
  • Is your modem in bridge mode?

I would recommend you to try and access https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ on a laptop or PC on Wi-Fi to see if you're able to access the service. 

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I do not have a VPN or bridge.

Streaming does work when on a laptop.

Is there a port that is required to be open for mobile apps?

Thanks,

Ali