cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV App - Not Connected to the Internet error

svlacic
I plan to stick around

Ignate TV App Android doesn't work when connected on my home WiFi. I have Orbi mesh network. Orbi is connected to Rogers modem where WiFi is disabled. Rogers boxes are connected to my WiFi and they work without issues. App on my phone is saying that I am not connected to internet. Everything else on the phone works. Does the ignite tv app need any specific protocol, port... Thanks.

*Added Labels*

62 REPLIES 62

Re: Ignite TV App - Not Connected to the Internet error

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Currently on my son's wifi which is Roger's. Open the ignite TV app and it fails to connect. If I disable wifi and go cell data it is ok.

The app actually fails and i send feedback.

Using my Samsung s9+.

alijaffer
I plan to stick around

Hi,

I just had ignite installed yesterday. My setup is that I have the rogers modem connected to a TPLink router that is more centrally located to provide wifi throughout the house.

When I connect to the ignite website to stream from a laptop using the TPLink wifi everything works without any issue. However when using the ignite app on my Pixel 3 phone or my wife's iPhone X it gets an error saying it cannot connect to the internet. If use the rogers wifi directly then it works fine however the signal doesn't make it all over the house.

The DNS entries on the TPLink router are all inherited from the rogers modem so I'm not sure what the issue is

Any advice?

Thanks,

Ali

zee
I plan to stick around

As an update, this is not resolved for me either. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@alijaffer wrote:

...The DNS entries on the TPLink router are all inherited from the rogers modem...

You may want to check the SSID and Password to make sure they do match exactly on both devices. I had a similar issue when I installed TPLink Powererlink adapters.  Once the Password matched, the (same) issue (as you have) with my iPad and iPhone went away.

Another option would be to have the two work separately and log into one or the other with your mobile devices depending on where you are in the home.

alijaffer
I plan to stick around
Are you saying the following:

SSID: RogerWifi
PWD: RogersWifiPwd19

SSID: TPLinkWifi

Or are you saying I need to rebroadcast the rogers SSID as well?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe that in order to have the devices use the WiFi from either router (seamlessly) you need the same SSID and PW on both?  Sometimes people have problems with that configuration and so they login to one or the other router using different SSID/PW combinations from their mobile devices.  The first (seamless) option would be as follows:

RogerWifi Router

SSID: ABCDE

TPLinkWifi Router
SSID: ABCDE

zee
I plan to stick around
The simple test is this. When connected to your own router does your phone access the internet perfectly as mine does? Indicating that of course I have connected with the ssid an password correctly. Then open the ignite TV app and expect to see the 'not connected ' error which is ridiculous. The app has a problem. Its not your router. It's not internet access or login credentials. It's the app. The frustration here is my router DID work up until 2 weeks ago with ignitetv. No one knows what changed. Seems more and more report the same issue.

alijaffer
I plan to stick around

I tried setting the SSID and Password to be the same on my 5GHz network but that did not work.

I ended up making my 5GHz network rebroadcast the Rogers Wifi but left the 2.4GHz network with my previous name so that existing smart devices would continue to work.

While this did work, I think this is an App issue and should be addressed by Rogers.

Ali

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@alijaffer wrote:

I tried setting the SSID and Password to be the same on my 5GHz network but that did not work.

Did you try the same SSID and PW on both 5 and 2.4 GHz?

alijaffer
I plan to stick around
No, I need the 2.4 name to stay the same otherwise I need to reconfigure my whole network.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Can you change the 5 name to the 2.4 temporarily?

qc3
I've been here awhile
Any resolution to this issue. I have been using ignite app since last year with no issues. A few weeks ago, i started getting the same not connected error when i am on my home wifi. When i switch to cell data it works. It's not my wifi because i can still browse, use netflix and cravetv apps. I tried clear cache and data. Uninstall and reinstall app, still doesn't work. I am using samsung galaxy prime. The weird part is when i click on the get started button after reinstall of app, it takes me to rogers.com. i sign in with user info then takes me back to the app and says i am not connected.

zee
I plan to stick around
Yes. That's the problem. Used to work. No more. So not resolved.

Hello @qc3 and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for sharing all the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. Are you able to access the Ignite TV App from any other device? Are you able to successfully log in via the browser? Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.

@zee, have you had a chance to try the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread? What device are you using? And when did the app stop working for you?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersZia

zee
I plan to stick around
1.Steps. Yes. Fail.
2. Samsung s9. Sony xperia both fail. Not device related.
3. When? Message 13 in this thread.

alijaffer
I plan to stick around
I can connect on my laptop but not on my iPhone of pixel 3

qc3
I've been here awhile
I can log in on my pc using a web browser with an ethernet connection. I am using SAMSUNG-SM-J320A running android 6.0. I haven't made any changes to my home network. I don't want to start changing my ssid then ill have to reconfigure my multiple ignite tv boxes, my printer, all my wireless devices and tvs. Like i state the ignite tv app was working previously nothing has change from my end.

Hello @zee,

Thank you for the information you have provided so far. I realize RogersTim had invited you to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps. Did you get a chance do so? 

@alijaffer, @qc3, thank you for the prompt response. Just need a little bit more info to figure out the issue.

• Are you guys running a VPN?
  • Is your modem in bridge mode?

I would recommend you to try and access https://ignitetv.rogers.com/ on a laptop or PC on Wi-Fi to see if you're able to access the service. 

RogersZia

alijaffer
I plan to stick around
Hi,

I do not have a VPN or bridge.

Streaming does work when on a laptop.

Is there a port that is required to be open for mobile apps?

Thanks,

Ali

Hello again, @alijaffer

Thanks so much for providing us with that info!

There aren't any specific ports that need to be open for the Mobile App to work. If you have not already, please completely uninstall and then reinstall the App on your devices. This will ensure any cached App data is cleared as well as ensuring you have the latest version downloaded.

Please confirm if you have tested the connection on your mobile devices using both Wi-Fi and Cellular Data. Does the same "Not connected to the internet" error occur on both connections? If the same error is occurring please provide us with the OS you are running on both devices as well as the App Version so we can review.

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

alijaffer
I plan to stick around
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both devices.

Pixel 3
Android version: 9
App version: 5.2.2.001
Does not work on wifi and works on cellular. I can't get past the get started screen unless I turn off wifi and if I turn it o to get past and then turn it back on then all the shows disappear.

iPhone X
IOS version: 12.2
App version:
Does not work on wifi and works on cellular. I can't get past the get started screen unless I turn off wifi and if I turn it o to get past and then turn it back on then all the shows disappear.
Topic Stats