Ignite TV App - Not Connected to the Internet error

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV App - Not Connected to the Internet error

Hmm.

lets take a step back and confirm things on your configuration.

You are using the rogers modem, still in modem mode.  So its doing all the routing, DHCP, etc.  Wifi is off.
Then you have your Orbi mesh connected to the rogers modem.
Not 100% familiar with the Orbi, and all its settings, etc.   Some of these mesh can be used as a 'router' as well, all that functionality is turned off?  (EG: i have the Eero ones from rogers, and on it, you set it to 'bridged' mode to turn off all that on it).
As I wonder, if its 'double routing' so to speak.. that then rogers is somehow not then viewing it on their network?

I Plan to Stick Around

No I didn't put Orbi in bridged mode. It is doing routing. But again Rogers boxes are connected to the Orbi wifi and I have access. It is only Mobile App. Anyways I don't think I will use app while at home or I will just turn on VPN. Thanks for your help.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a similar 'non connect error' with the ignite tv app now. seems it just started for me this week. i have a samsung S9. it has worked fine until just this week. the ignitetv desktop viewing on my home network works fine. 

so.. i tried this. turned OFF wifi on my android to use cellular data. start ignitetv AND IT WORKED. ok. so closed it. turned back on my wifi and connected my phone, then restarted ignitetv (WHICH HAS ALWAYS WORKED UNTIL RECENTLY) and get the message below!!! SO frustrating! one cannot get beyond this connection error message. it just wont work on my wifi anymore! what changed recently??  my android ignitetv app is version 5.2.2.001

Screenshot_20190419-130013_Ignite TV.jpg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@zee : Have you tried deleting the Ignite App and reloading it?  Is your phone's OS updated to the latest?

I Plan to Stick Around

That was the first thing. Delete app. Clear any cache and data. Reinstall. 2x.
The Samsung is supposedly set for updating. I should check when that last happened.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Since I see the common thread of Samsung s9 here, I can now add it is not a factor. The app generates the same error on a Sony Experia as well. And yes it also used to work there.

Hello @zee,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've listed so far. What OS version are you running? Is the app working for you on other mobile devices?

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung android 9.0. Pie.

Thank you, @zee!

Can you confirm if the app works on any other devices connected to your home Wi-Fi? Also, are you connecting directly to your Ignite Gateway or do you also have your own Router in the mix? 

Just in case, have you tried rebooting your Gateway by unplugging it for 10 seconds from the power? 

RogersTim

I Plan to Stick Around

I use my own router in between which allows ignite TV to work as usual on my home wired desktop computer. Just as it used to over wifi until last week.