Habs games

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Habs games

As a Habs fan living in Toronto I could watch all the games on RDS in the past.

Is it true this year they will be blackout?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Habs games

Hello Pakochan

From rumors i have heard the same exact thing. Rogers won't go live and say it unless its true or they know. I have heard it tho from other places and forums.
I'm a Senior Advisor

As RDS is a Bell station, and Bell no longer has national NHL rights, then yes - Habs games on RDS will be subject to NHL blackout rules.

Rogers Employee Smacs
Rogers Employee

Pakochan - since your post, you may have seen the announcement about Habs (and Sens) French regional games. You're right - RDS will not be broadcasting their 60 Habs and 54 Sens games outside of the teams' broadcast territories, so they'll be blacking them out in Toronto.

To help solve this, we've worked witht the NHL to do a couple of things (for fans outside of the Sens & Habs territory, so these will be available approx. West of Kingston):

1. We're putting these 111 French-language games in Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE and NHL Centre Ice, so if you have either of these packages, you'll be able to access these games (Note: RGCL will be available to Rogers Internet and Rogers Wireless data customers FREE until Dec 31, and will be otherwise available at an early-bird price of $179 for the full season, incl. Playoffs, starting tomorrow at Roger.com/NHL/)
  2. For those French-language fans who aren't eligible for the FREE period of RGCL, and don't need all the English-language games, we're also making these games available as a separate French package of RGCL and NHL Centre Ice. These sub-packages will be available close to puck-drop for $59.99 for the full season (just be aware that RDS only has regular season games, so there wouldn't be any Playoff games in this package, so you're looking at an average of about $0.55 per game for these 111 games)

Hope this helps - as an out of market fan myself, I know how frustrating regional blackouts can be...most of this problem will be solved through RGCL this season in most Canadian markets.

------------------------------------------------------
Scott MacMillan
VP, NHL Integration, Rogers
I'm a Senior Advisor

As if you need any further proof that hockey is more important to Canadians than water itself....

A VP, no less, paying a visit to our humble forums 😊

I've Been Here Awhile

I am not a rogers customer and rogers service is not avaible in my area. I know that I can still subscribe to the RGCL french package, but I would perfer to wach on my TV via my cable box.

Do you know if rogers is working anything out with other television provoiders such as telus or bell, to make the Center Ice french  package available on other provoiders?

I'm a Senior Advisor

You'd have to ask your cable provider.  Rogers can offer it, but its up to the other BDU's to actually carry it.

I've Been Here Awhile

@Keener_7 wrote:

I am not a rogers customer and rogers service is not avaible in my area. I know that I can still subscribe to the RGCL french package, but I would perfer to wach on my TV via my cable box.

This is pretty much where I sit. (rural BC)

Oh, what I would do for the option to subscribe to all 82 Montreal games, in English, on my TV. Even French. 1 subscription for 1 team, no blackouts, 1 channel. That should be an easy option in this day and age.

I've Been Around

Yes in this day and age we should be able to watch all Habs games on 1 channel in either language, is Rogers just so greedy or do they want all habs fans to switch to Bell.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@gronk wrote:

Yes in this day and age we should be able to watch all Habs games on 1 channel in either language, is Rogers just so greedy or do they want all habs fans to switch to Bell.

You know that broadcast reguulations are set by the NHL and not Rogers, right?  So for the guy from rural BC, you need to blame the Vancouver Canucks, not Rogers.

Even if you switch to Bell, you won't be able to watch all Habs games outside of Montreal's broadcast territory.