Habs games

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Habs games

Bah, it's the same old story - a runaround. NHL directs me to Rogers, Rogers directs me to regional, regional directs me to NHL.

At the end of the day, many people are left with less choice & more expensive alternatives, and the companies in charge laugh all the way to the bank.

Smiley Sad

I'm a Senior Advisor

You can blame whoever you want.  Just trying to put some facts out there, but don't let them get in the way of a good rant.

The NHL sets the terms for broadcasts of its product - plain and simple.

I've Been Here Awhile

When will the Rogers game centre live French package be available? The website states starting in October , but I only see the option to sign up for the full RGCL @ $180.

Rogers Employee Smacs
Rogers Employee

Hi Keener_7 - the set-top-box version of the NHL French Pacakage (ie. NHL Centre Ice type product) is already available to order (just speak to a Live Chat or Customer Care agent). For the internet version of the NHL French Package (ie. RGCL type product) it's going to be available to buy later in the season, but until then the games themselves will be accessible for FREE (both with or without the larger RGCL subscription). Hope that helps!

------------------------------------------------------
Scott MacMillan
VP, NHL Integration, Rogers
I've Been Around

Hi,

Just spoke to somebody at Rogers, and they told me that the $59.99 french only habs/senators package is only available if you buy the NHL center ice package as well.  Please clarify as I thought that a you only have to get the $59.99 package as that would be limited to the 60/54 french games - so there is no need to buy the entire NHL center ice package.

Thanks!

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply but now I am a little more confused. From your post I understand that when the season starts I will be able to stream out of market habs games that are being broadcast in french via my PC for Free? If so, this is great news.

I would just like to add that I am not a Rogers customer and Rogers service is not avaiable in my area. 

Things still seem very convoluted to me at the moment. For example how would I have acess to to RGCL if I do not have a subscription? At what website would I view the games? 

I have spoken to a rogers service rep on several diffrent occasions both via phone and live chat. It has been of very little help to me. Often they are not aware of the french package or how to access it. 

It just that the season is getting close to start, and Im trying to get things figured out. Any more information that you could provoid me regarding these issues would be much appreciated by both myseilf and many others. 

Thanks,

Matthew

Rogers Employee Smacs
Rogers Employee

Hi ey14033 - the information you were given is incorrect. The $59.99 NHL French Package is an alternative to the full NHL Centre Ice for those that only want to get the 60 Habs / 54 Sens French broadcasts that RDS is now blacking out West of Belleville, ON. That said, you do get these games in the full package also, so that may be where there was some confusion.

Scott MacMillan
Rogers Employee Smacs
Rogers Employee

Hi Matthew - I'll try to clear it up for you. We're also trying to clarify these details with the Customer Service teams also, but here's the skinny...

The NHL French Package

• It's available approx. West of Belleville, ON - and is meant to give people in that area access to the games that RDS used to broadcast nationally, but now only broadcast within the Habs & Sens broadcast territory (this represents 111 games - 60 Habs, 54 Sens - they play each other in 3 of these, hence 111)
  • It's $59.99 for the full regular season (doesn't include Playoffs)
  • It's available as a TV product (like NHL Centre Ice) - you can call anytime to have it added to your TV subscription as it's available now...it's also been made available to other TV providers across the country...I'm not 100% sure if all have decided to carry it yet or not, best to call and ask
  • It's ALSO available as an Internet product (like Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE) - however at the start of the season, it won't yet be available for purchase, so we're allowing people to access the games for FREE until it is. You'll access the games the same way you would any other game in Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE - by downloading the NHL app or going to NHL.com, clicking on the game you want to watch and choosing the French feed. During the FREE period, these particular games will not require you to login to watch

A couple other notes -

• The above mentioned games are ALSO included in the FULL Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE and NHL Centre Ice products, so no need to buy both if you're already getting the full product...also RGCL does include Playoffs, NHL All-Star Game, all out-of-market games, all Nationally televised games, and most in-market games (depending on where you live, all 1230 regular season games may be available within RGCL)
  • You don't need to be a Rogers customer to buy any of these (notwithstanding that other TV providers can choose not to carry the Centre Ice products) - you don't buy RGCL or the Internet version of the NHL French Package through your TV provider - rather visit www.rogers.com/NHL to get RGCL now (you'll notice that if you're a Rogers Internet or Rogers Wireless Data customer, you'll get RGCL for FREE until Dec 31, but anyone else can still buy it)

It's alot to digest, but hopefully that helps.

Scott MacMillan
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ok so I'm young and working and can afford the expensive cable package to watch all Habs games in Toronto.

Where I have a problem is that Rogers stole hockey from my mom!

My mom is poor and retired and live near Montreal.

For all her life she could watch at least one Habs game a week on TV over the air until last year.

This year Rogers stole that right from poor people.

CBC and City are only showing Habs games once in a while.

This is the worst thing Rogers could do the the NHL fans.

Despite the commercials from rogers to give themselved a good image it's not working on me.

Rogers stole our sports and tries to force people to pay to watch.

That's all I have to say

I've Been Here Awhile

Can't get the french game today. I did purchase French Package but for some reason, for this Sunday afternoon game they are not broadcasting the MTL vs CAR game. This sucks.