Gamecentre problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Gamecentre problems

Paid for gamecentre yesterday. Trying to watch Rangers/Flyers game tonight but impossible since picture freezes. Is this a common problem and can it be fixed. I had gamecentre a few years ago with a much slower internet speed but no problems watching games. Now have fibreoptic. How difficult to get refund?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: Gamecentre problems

Hello @jettac,

I can understand your frustration. Which device are you using to watch it? Are you on Wifi or direct ethernet connection? Have you tried on more than one device? Please let us know. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm Here A Lot

I am using a new laptop with windows 10 and wifi. Already contacted rogers and was told that I could not get a refund after 5 days. I'm not sure how many are aware of that. I paid for this 3 days ago and was lucky to have tried it on a preseason game and not waited til season started.

I'm Here A Lot

Also tried it on ps3 after it updated but could not get past last game of 2015 playoffs.
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jettac

Are you experiencing freezing on any other type of streaming service (shomi, nextflix, youtub etc.)?

RogersDarrell

Rogers Employee lockdown2341
Rogers Employee

Putting aside any freezing issues, I thought Gamecenter Live didn't allow you to watch any pre-season games?

It is only supposed to cover Regular Season and Playoff games, at least to my knowledge.

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @lockdown2341

Correct, Pre-season games are not available via Gamecenter Live. We continue to offer pre-season games on Centre Ice only, based on package entitlement. 

We were running a test last night with two games hence @jettac was able to watch.

RogersAsif

I'm Here A Lot

So if last night was a test does that have anything to do with the poor quality? Since I paid early I could have been out $200 if this test wasn't available.

I'm Here A Lot

RogersDarrell

Haven't used much else other than youtube and it is fine.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @jettac,

We haven't recieved any communication of this being a wide-spread issue but yes, as @RogersAsif stated, last night was just for testing purposes. The first official RGCL game will be October 7th. 

Thanks, 

RogersHasasm