GameCentre Live and Sony Blu Ray

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

GameCentre Live and Sony Blu Ray

I am having trouble figuring out how to sign in and get anything to happen on my Sony Blu Ray.  Anyone have any suggestions or issues?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: GameCentre Live and Sony Blu Ray

Unfortunately, the GameCenter live app built into the Sony blu-ray player is not compatible with Rogers GameCenter live. The blu-ray app requires an NHL log-in in order to activate it. Since NHL.com does not recognize your Rogers user name and password, it is simply not possible to get it working. I have raised this issue with NHL.com, Sony and Rogers. The NHL support team never replied to my email. Sony was useless. The statement from Rogers is that there is no support for that particular device. So unless Rogers can work it out so that your user name and password is also recognized by NHL.com, you and many others are out of luck! Smiley Sad
I've Been Here Awhile

That Sucks! Now I am gonna try to get my money back from Sony, as the only reason I bought this player was for NHL GameCentre. GRRRRRRR.

Rogers Employee Smacs
Rogers Employee

Hi shannonjosh - does your Blue Ray player use the Sony Bravia Internet Video Platform? If so, there's a good chance Bravia will be added later in the season, so if you can get by using the Desktop, Tablet, and Smartphone versions of RGCL for a bit, you should be able to use your player within a couple of months.

Hope that helps...

------------------------------------------------------
Scott MacMillan
VP, NHL Integration, Rogers

The thing is Scott is that I have an NHL.com log-in. This goes back a few years to when Rogers used to provide customers with a special promo code to subscribe to NHL GameCenter Live for free whenever you had a subscription to NHL Center Ice or The Super Sports Pack. I can still log into NHL.com using my old NHL.com password. However, if I try to click on the GameCenter Live link, it is like my page is being hijacked by Rogers and instead of taking me to http://www.nhl.com/ice/gclanding.htm  it instead takes me to https://gamecentrelive.rogers.com/. So even if I wanted to subscribe to NHL GameCenter Live through the NHL (at a lower cost than Rogers BTW), I cannot even do that as I am redirected to the Rogers page. Also, the fact that there is a "good chance" that Sony support will be added in the future, there is still no guarantee that this will happen and even if it does happen, the free subscription period may either be over or close to being over.

I've Been Around

This reply was posted one month ago - any progress on getting Sony devices included for gamecenter?  This is the kind of thing that will make me keep my ISP business with Rogers....any updates?

Rogers did post on the Redboard site that it is very unlikely that GameCenter Live will be available on Sony devices this season. http://redboard.rogers.com/2014/full-season-hockey-access-for-rogers-customers/#comments This of course brings me back to my original suggestion that if Rogers had provided a promo code to allow customers to register with NHL.com for GameCenter Live, we would not have had this issue. Since our Rogers user name and password are only recognized on a limited number of devices and apps, the functionality of GameCenter has been greatly reduced.