E-bills don't work and late fees get charged for invoices not received - what a joke

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

E-bills don't work and late fees get charged for invoices not received - what a joke

From what I hear this is not an isolated incident.

I signed up for e-bills a long time ago, trying to be green and move all my accounts online.  What a mess Rogers has made of this.  First and foremost, I have never received an e-bill from Rogers.  Secondly, when I called to say I've never received an e-bill, the only response has been to go online myself and switch back to paper copies.  That's great customer service, me telling you your system doesn't work, and then you telling me we aren't fixing it, but you can go back to the old way.  The bigger issue is, that they charge you to go back to paper statements.  What?  So your e-billing doesn't work, but if you actually want to see your invoice you have to pay for it.  Crazy!!!  Finally the topper, since I refuse to pay for paper statements, I get charged late fees every month, because I have not and still do not receive bills from Rogers!  From  my limited understanding of the law, I have to have an invoice to pay an invoice, and can not be charged late fees for something never received or sent. 

I am happy to say I will be leaving Rogers after 15+ years, and will not be looking back.

The only good thing that happened today with Rogers is I finally got someone on the line who admitted e-billing doesn't work, and waived the paper fee statement.  Yay (too little too late).  When I asked about the late fees she said she couldn't see that on her screen.   

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: E-bills don't work and late fees get charged for invoices not received - what a joke

I’m assuming you’ve tried accessing your bill online, did that not work as well?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: E-bills don't work and late fees get charged for invoices not received - what a joke

When you talk about ebilling, i am assuming you are talking about the stuff through canada post?
Never tried that myself..

But the billing through Rogers.. has worked for quite a while, since long before the paper billing charge thing started.

If you log into your myrogers, you should be able to see everything, from a basic overview of the amount owing, or break it down on an online showing of the bill.
There is also a link to click on, and view the file as a PDF (the same as the paper copy).

Depending on your contact preferences, you will get emailed that the bill is available... but not a copy of the bill in the email, you still need to log in to view it.

The bill is usually available 7ish days after your billing cycle.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

KN76. I see you are getting your problem sorted out, but just a not to you or others. During the postal strike(s) I remember being warned that even if you don't receive a bill it is still up to you to pay it on time if you don't want to incur late fees. Estimate when the bill is normally due and call the company/utility to get the amount due.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello KN76

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, although there seems to be some misconceptions as to what e-billing is as well as how it is provided. The agent with which you spoke with may have been misinformed in regards to the functionality of the online billing system.

When one registered to online billing, it puts a hold on the physical invoice from being sent out. In return, you're suppose to receive an email notification that your invoice is ready to be viewed by logging into your profile on the Rogers website. The email should contain your balance but none of the usage details. To see the bill as you would the physical copy, you would have to log into your online profile though. It is downloaded in a PDF format which can be printed if you require a physical copy for your own records.

The legality of the issue would be that the invoice is available but would need to be accessed. If it still doesn't show on the website, I would definitely recommend contacting Rogers directly through an online format since most phone agents are neither trained for nor have access to the website systems. I would recommend Live Chat, Facebook, and twitter @Rogers.com.

I do agree that there appears to have been an issue where you were not receiving your email notifications that your invoice was ready to be viewed.

Hopefully this helps. 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

I just spoke to billing and they told me to come here and ask you to fix tihs.  My email address is correct on file and I receive all of your promotional emails, but not my bill. Please fix.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think they were trying to direct you to the rogers WEBCHAT support.. not here.

This is a USER to USER forum.

Just for info's sake.
They BILL isnt emailed to you... just a notification that its ready.  Then you log into MYROGERS to view, download the PDF, etc for it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes but I am not even receiving that notification...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This month.. seems off.. i normally have mine by now (and its online) but its not at the moment..
Not sure if that might be part of it.

BUT if you havent got any in the past... still something else wrong on your setup.

Try the livechat
http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/livechatsupport/index.php?source=24

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I don't think they ment to contact here for that... most likely click to chat and here is how to get there 

I need help, how do I Chat Online with an Agent?

Whether you need Technical Support or just have a General Inquiry, Live Chat is here for you. Our online customer service representatives are here to attend to your questions or concerns quickly and efficiently, all from the convenience of your computer or device.

To begin, please follow the steps below:

Step 1
Go to www.rogers.com

Step 2
Click Support and Contact Us

Step 3
Once you have chosen an item a sub menu will open below

Step 4
Select an item from the sub menu
Depending on the item selected in the sub menu; you will be presented with the option for "Live Chat".

Step 5
Enter your first and last name and click "Chat Now"

You can locate the info of this at 

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/account/live-chat/282?setLanguage=en