Double charged through Rogers App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Double charged through Rogers App

I paid my Rogers bill ONCE through the Rogers business Android app last night. This morning I see on my bank account that Rogers has been paid twice for the exact same amount. I contacted Rogers to have them do a reversal as this was not my mistake but an issue with their app, and they only see one payment, but my bank and I can both see they've been paid twice and the money has definitely been removed from my account twice. Where is the extra payment??

***EDITED LABELS***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Double charged through Rogers App

I suggest you contact your bank since it appears to be their error?  Sometimes an institution will "show" two identical items on an online statement, one is a "pending" amount, and another can be a "final" amount. The pending amount is usually removed once the final amount is on the statement, but not always right away.

I've seen this on my credit card online transaction statements all the time, but I don't recall it on a bank online statement.  The issue is always "corrected" on my CC final statements which only include final (and no pending) transactions.

I Plan to Stick Around

That's the second thing I did after contacting Rogers. I called my bank immediately and they said yes they can see the duplicate transaction and don't understand how Rogers can't see it and why it's not showing under my account. I've only got one account with Rogers for my business. They can't do a simple reversal on a Visa debit online transaction but can do an "investigation" that takes up to 35 days to complete. Before any options are taken, I simply want to know where that money WENT because money doesn't just disappear in the ether and it was no small amount for the duplicate transaction.
I've Been Here Awhile

If you did it this weekend, I think the Rogers site was having problems as I couldn't access the Rogers site through Google Chrome (it just had the loading page constantly loading) and I then went to Firefox, was able to log in and decided I'd make a payment (not the full amount), got the approved payment page and I see the amount taken out of my prepaid Visa, but the amount hasn't been reflected in my Rogers Account (which is usually done as soon as the amount is approved on the Rogers site). 

I Plan to Stick Around

Ah, I see the issue. The Rogers Business app for Android is complete garbage. After checking the app rating on the Google Play Store (1.4 out of 5 stars), I began reading reviews and see that almost every single one of them states payment issues. I'm going to go ahead and have my bank investigate this and frankly, I've had enough of horrific lack of customer service and concern by Rogers over the years. I'm switching my business, my wife and myself to another provider. They simply don't care.

Hello @awade1,

Thanks for sharing your recent payment experience with the rest of the Community. I would also be extremely concerned if a duplicate payment was made through my account, especially if the money was intended for another purpose. ☹️

I understand that you were already in touch with our Business team and your Financial Institution about this incident. Do you know if the Business team was able to submit a case to our Payment Application Research Team (PART) for investigation? It is also important that you fax or mail your proof of payment (showing the duplicate payments) to this team as a reference. Here is their information should you need it:

• Fax: 1-866-649-0639  / Toronto: 1-647-747-0401
• Mail:
 Rogers Communications
 C/O PART
 OMP 5th Floor
 Toronto, ON M4Y 2Y9

Unfortunately, it can take up to 20 business days for the investigation to be completed (which I know may seem like an eternity), but it really is necessary to ensure the matter is properly handled.

Lastly, I do want to emphasize how much we value our customers and their business. Without you, there would be no us. I just want to reassure you that such an error would never be intentional and we sincerely hope to have it resolved ASAP. Hopefully, you'll reconsider your decision to jump ship as we'd really love to continue doing business with you! 

Kind regards,
RogersLaura

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Laura,

Despite both duplicate payments coming out of my bank account instantly, it took from 6pm Sunday March 3rd until sometime today (Tues March 5th) for the duplicate payment to show up on Rogers end.
Strangely enough, I never got an email from Rogers for that second duplicate payment, no confirmation before or after, absolutely nothing and yet the money was still not flagged in your systems as a duplicate payment and refunded back to my bank account by Rogers. I feel like I've been stolen from.

I went to my bank branch and sat down with them and discussed exactly what happened. They printed out my statement and advised me to have an investigation done, but to give it a day or so to see if the payment shows up on Roger's end. If that happens, which it has, they advised the fastest way to a resolution and refund would be to deal directly with Rogers.

Since the payment has now shown up on my Rogers business account, is an investigation still necessary for a refund?

Apparently you guys were having massive server issues Sunday, as accessing the app and even the Rogers website was problematic for everyone. The Rogers Business Android app is, as this experience has taught me, highly unreliable.

How should I proceed from here?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@awade1 wrote:
How should I proceed from here?

Looks like you'll need to contact the business team per post 6 of this thread.  If you have the money, it may be less trouble to leave the second payment as a "credit" on your account and have things balance out in a month or two.  You'll need to watch your account statements obviously to see if Rogers "catches" the error and the "credit" is not there next month...

I Plan to Stick Around

I just wanted to give a quick update to anyone who stumbles upon this thread with a similar issue in the future:

I spoke with Rogers (you have to speak to someone in Rogers Credit Operations) and they processed the refund for a charge back to my bank account which will take 24/48hrs to show up in my account. So to answer anyone's question whether Rogers refunds double payments, the answer is yes.

Note: initially, the agent put me on hold then came back and told me it would take 4-6 weeks for me to receive a cheque in the mail for the refund. When I pressed her on this, she said that's just how it's done. When pressed further, she put me on hold again and came back to let me know it would be refunded directly to my bank account in 24/48hrs. I guess she was conveniently mistaken about that cheque in the mail taking 4-6 weeks.

Note 2: I had a previous payment arrangement when all this was done and the agent even reminded me to make sure to honor that arrangement on the agreed upon date before ending the call. Within 10 mins of the call ending, my service was disconnected. Again I called Rogers and was rudely told by another agent that because of the refund, it nullified my previous payment arrangement and services were suspended. I had to make another arrangement on the same date to restore the suspension and have the restoral fee waved.

I hope this info helps anyone else with this issue. I strongly advise you avoid making payments through the Rogers Business Android app. Check the ratings on Google Play and read some of the reviews.
I've Been Around

Same happened to me yesterday. I always make my payment through MyRogers app and it’s always updated as soon as I make the payment but yesterday it’s been taken from my bank account but still shows unpaid with Rogers...