cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercials

JWB99
I've been around

Why do we have to watch the same commercials over and over and over again?

Why can't we just see the native feed from which ever broadcast we're watching?

This is enough to make me not want to pay for this service. I will find an alternative way to watch hockey.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Commercials

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @JWB99 ,

Any commercials seen when watching a GameCentre LIVE feed are of the native station.

For example, watching the Sens 'Home Feed' last Tuesday night from my XBox's GameCentre LIVE was the straight TSN feed, commercials and all.

Unfortunately, when it comes to live sporting events, most commercials are repetitive as the companies/sponsors tend to purchase large timeslots for their advertisements.

RogersDarrell

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

RogersDarrell

Hi @JWB99 ,

Any commercials seen when watching a GameCentre LIVE feed are of the native station.

For example, watching the Sens 'Home Feed' last Tuesday night from my XBox's GameCentre LIVE was the straight TSN feed, commercials and all.

Unfortunately, when it comes to live sporting events, most commercials are repetitive as the companies/sponsors tend to purchase large timeslots for their advertisements.

RogersDarrell

Hi there,

Im paying 130$ a year for NHL Game Centre. What I want to know is why am I paying for a service and yet I still have to view ads? Before I used to see the commercials from the broadcasters station, and this was fine. I was able to see my hometowns commercials and it was understandable why I had to. Paying to get an uninterrupted feed when I am out of town was understandable. And sometimes you guys would black it out with a message saying "Commercial in progress." and now SUDDENLY im getting "Clickable ads" and that is terrible.

Im paying more money than Netflix for a 8 Month service. More money than Youtube Red. and now I have to deal with ads that are specific to NHL Game Centre?

And the terrible thing is that they are the same 5 commercials OVER and OVER again! sometimes you play the same ad 3 times in a row. And if I click on the thing im suddenly taken to their website.

So now im paying you guys more money than a 12 month Netflix subscription to watch NHL which is only on for about 8 months. You already make money from normal TV commercials. But now you're going to Gauge me for 130$ and STILL blast me with online commercials?

***Edited Labels***

Frustrating that I can skip through the game but not through the commercials so frequently I end up watching repetitive commercials back to back until I can find the spot in the game I want to view.

Horrible frustrating user experience.  Do what Youtube does and let me skip the commercial after the first 6 seconds. Repetitive commercials make me far less interested in the product because they are annoying.

Hello, @JWB99

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your feedback. We appreciate your feedback and we will forward it for the review. Thank you for your patience.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Okay... what's the deal with Gamecenter's commercial breaks?

Like, I have seen the Old Spice commercial on repeat about 4 thousand separate times tonight... no other commericals, just one on repeat.

This has been consistent all season (though the one commercial that repeats has changes up every week or so)... I mean I get it; I understand how sponsorship and TV deals and all that works... but for the love of god can you at least put a bunch of different ones on? Surely there are multiple companies that are paying to advertise through this service that you guys can mix things up.

I'm going slightly insane over this because every commercial break I see the same thing about 12 times in a row with no difference between whichever market feed I'm watching. This truly disrupts my NHL experience having to mute the TV during the breaks because it's become so maddening. 

Just venting... pass it on to whomever takes this feedback to make your product better. It's honestly making me re-consider my usual resubscription of this service and I'm a diehard hockey fan. 

Use google chrome and download an ad blocker for it. 

once you are using Chrome, googlke search "Adblocker Chrome" and download the exstention

WORKS AMAZING!!! all you see id "comercial break" playing and no annoying adds 🙂

temuri416
I plan to stick around

Ads in NHL App feed started showing

Hi,

I've noticed that ads are now showing during commercial breaks. Looks like it started with the playoffs.

There is Maclean's Magazine add, some news/magazine reader app and some others.

During the regular season no ads were showing in the intermission or during TV time outs.

Can you please explain why the ads have started appearing?

Thanks

temuri416
I plan to stick around

@RogersMoin

Why are there commercials in NHL App feed? Don't we pay for the service already?

Hello, @temuri416

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. During the playoffs, the NHL may choose to substitute the ‘commercial break’ with ads it feels are relevant to the viewing region. I appreciate your feedback and I will pass it on internally. 

Thank you for your diligence!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

laslk
I've been around

I was letting the ads go so you could make some money but after hearing that alarm 2000 times this week I just cant listen to one again and using adblocker

ADS ADS ADS!!!!!!!

I was watching the Jets and Avalanche game today (November 29th), and I straight up got multiple unskipable ADS, even one for Rogers NHL Live! Is this why nhl.com wanted my ad blocker disabled? To show me ADS in a PAID SERVICE! I already put up with the short single ads in between whistles, but an ad which is sold by NHL LIVE is UNACCEPTABLE!!! I want to know why this happened and what NHL Live is going to do about it! Also, has anyone else had this happen?

NickC85
I've been here awhile

I have seen the 'Grand Tour TV Show' ad 5 times in a row, 3 separate times now! 15 TIMES IN TOTAL!!!! This is normal for RGC the last 2 seasons.... It is absolutely terrible for viewing purposes. I don't even have friends over to watch anymore as it just gets to be embarrassing almost.

If this problem isn't resolved my 5 year NHL GAMECENTER run is over.

If the service was free or cheap I'd get the relentless attack of ads. But I PAY close to 200 DOLLARS for this. 

FIX IT!!

temuri416
I plan to stick around

Honestly, guys - I don't know why you even bother with that.

I quit Rogers, and lost the free NHL Live. At first, I thought it'd be a problem. But, if you go you-know-where, you'll watch any game without any ads, in HD quality, uninterrupted, unbuffering stream - guaranteed.

You try to be fair and honest with these robbers, but they don't value it. So I don't have any problem with "alternative" approach.

NickC85
I've been here awhile

So stop selling time slots for NHL GAMECENTER !

THAT'S WHY THE USERS PAY FOR IT! TO AVOID THIS TYPE OF RELENTLESS AD ATTACKS! OR LOWER THE PRICE FOR THE SERVICE!

NickC85
I've been here awhile

I JUST HAD TO ENDURE THE SAME COMMERCIAL 6 TIMES IN A ROW!

6 TIMES!!! THAT'S A RECORD FOR ME.. 5  WAS THE RECORD BEFORE AND 4 IS JUST NORMAL!

5 YEAR RGC CUSTOMER, BUT IF THIS ISSUE ISN'T RESOLVED OR I DONT GET REIMBURSED A LITTLE BIT FOR MY TIME I'M DONE. IM PAYING THE SAME AMOUNT I WAS 5 YEARS AGO, BUT BACK THEN I DIDNT HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE ADS!

WHY HASN'T THE PRICE DROPPED WITH ALL THE AD MONEY YOU'RE CLEARLY RAKING IN?

Amazon prime commercial plays 4 times in a row every commercial break. This is super annoying

BuddyRich
I plan to stick around

So many Rogers Commercials...

Why does Rogers insert commercials for Rogers products (and only Rogers products) (Texture, Macleans) during the commercial break?  I pay for this product.

Having used NHL.TV in the US it does not do this.  They aren't the local commercials its the same 3 or 4 Rogers commericals.  Before MLBAM took over, the old Gamecenter used to run the local feed commercials on the home feed sometimes but not the away feed so you'd get the intermission programs.  They end before the game resumes and you get the old silent "commercial break in progress" screen before the game resumes.  Im watching on the AppleTV 4k so its not browser ads and unfortunately Ad Block will not help.

Can I pay extra to NOT have the ads.  It never used to be like this. (at least on the apps - never used the browser version).

NHL game center commercials

Is it possible to turn off commercials ? I am sooooo tired of seeing MacLean magazine and Lethal Weapon adds most notably the MacLean add with the Nirvana cover band called Hervana with probably the worst vocals I've ever heard . The repetitiveness is just beyond annoying with this .

Hey Community,

As a fellow hockey fan and user of Rogers NHL Live, I can completely relate to how irritating it can be to see the same few commercials over and over.  I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to share your feedback with us.  Unfortunately, there is no way to disable commercials through Rogers NHL Live. Thank you for your understanding.

RogersShaun

temuri416
I plan to stick around

That's ok man, that's ok! 

I left Rogers last year, lost "free" NHL game center and don't even regret it.

Topic Stats