Chromecast?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Chromecast?

Is the NHL Gamecentre app Chromecast compatible?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Rogers Employee Smacs
Rogers Employee

Re: Chromecast?

I don't think it is just yet, but I believe it's on the roadmap. Also, if you're using Chrome to access RGCL on the Desktop, you should be able to cast to Chromecast, even if it's not natively supported in the apps.

------------------------------------------------------
Scott MacMillan
VP, NHL Integration, Rogers
I've Been Around

Hello, 

Will RGCL support Chromecast next season?  I understand that a Chromecast app is on the development roadmap, so I am hopeful that it will be available next season.  I can cast it from my browser, but the video quality is lower than if I plug if I lug my computer over to my TV and connect via HDMI.  The video quality issue, as I understand it, is a limitation for all video services that are cast via chrome rather than through their own app.  

Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersAmanda
Retired Moderator

Hi there!

You are now able to use Chromecast with Rogers GameCentre Live™ on a PC (Google Chrome only)!

1. Start playing the video
  2. Click on the Chromecast extension icon at the top-right corner of the Google Chrome window
  3. Select your Chromecast, and it will automatically start broadcasting the video on your screen

1.png

How to use Chromecast with Rogers GameCentre Live™ on a Smartphones and Tablets:

Note: This method will show everything from your device screen on your TV or monitor screen.

1. Open the Chromecast app on your device
  2. Tap on the menu (3 lines) icon beside Devices

2.png

3. Select Cast screen

3.png

4. Tap on the Cast Screen button on the next screen, then select your Chromecast to broadcast the video on your TV or monitor screen

4.png