Changes to Login November 2018

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Changes to Login November 2018

As for me, this is how I log in now. Using Chrome with Adblocker Plus 

1. Go to https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home

2. Go to  Sign in as....       Enter password     (First time today and there was no Captchas)

3. If you want to go to Community Forums, go there FIRST 

a.  Community Forums 

4. From there I can go to MyRoger and check my data usage without logging out. The first time you will end up back in Community Forums, so you have to click MyRogers a second time.

b.  If I go to MyRogers FIRST, then I can NOT go to Community Forums without logging out. 

If I try that, I don't get my USER ID at the top of the page and trying to Sign in/Register just refreshes the page.

You will still be logged in, but you cannot post anything. 

It is a pain, but it seems to be consistent at least. Highly unlikely this will get fixed. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have my Community Forums Notifications bookmarked in Firefox and that's what I always use to log in. I almost always get my email/password popup. Occasionally I've just got a generic Rogers page instead, but then I just click my bookmark link again and all is well. The other day I tried logging in with Chrome and got a Captcha, something about buses, but I seldom use Chrome. Months ago when I had problems logging it, I'd delete my Rogers cookies, but I haven't had to do that in a long time.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, I just had trouble logging in with Firefox, so I cleared my cookies and cache and tried again. I got a captcha to identify pictures with cars.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Again a captcha. Hope this isn't going to be the norm.

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Again a captcha. Hope this isn't going to be the norm.

I "usually" get the Captchas the first time I try to log in, but then again "No One Expects the Captcha Inquisition".  

I logged in to Community Forum  (password + Captcha) via the Community Mailer this time.

i.e. The "Email me when someone replies" box checked off. 

As someone mentioned, we just have to learn to deal with this inconsistency, or just ignore it. It has been reported for two years.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

I got the captcha again this morning. That's 3 times in a row after I deleted Rogers cache and cookies yesterday. Prior to that I had never seen it before, except once with Chrome. Something has definitely changed. Smiley Mad

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I got the captcha again this morning. That's 3 times in a row after I deleted Rogers cache and cookies yesterday. Prior to that I had never seen it before, except once with Chrome. Something has definitely changed. Smiley Mad

I got the Captcha signing in again with Chrome.  Maybe they are trying to FIX-IT?  Smiley Wink  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I rarely get the Captcha with Chrome, but often with FF.  I have no idea how the algorithm decides whether or not to require a Captcha, although it is often tied to the "first time" you use a browser after clearing cache and cookies (or when switching browsers). After that, I have no idea.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, it's now the 4th time in a row. Something has certainly changed. Please @CommunityHelps Have a look into this and get it corrected.  I'm using Firefox.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Following up for everyone; we are still looking into the CAPTCHA issues with FireFox.

Hope to have some answers soon.

RogersDarrell

Get Ready!
Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II
JOIN US: November 5, 6, & 7
Start: November 5th 10AM ET
End: November 7th 6PM ET

We're back with another Ask an Expert!!
JOIN US

For three straight days we will have exclusive access to some of Ignite TV's best Program Managers. They will be here taking your questions LIVE!

Topic Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 in conversation