cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view bill in MyRogers on android

hshort1990
I'm here a lot
hello,
I cannot view my bill in the MyRogers app on my android but I can on my old IOS device. On the android it says "Billing details are not available for this account. Only those who manages your telecommunications service can view this information."I have been in contact with your customer service regarding this issue multiple times and the issue. One representative says its an error on Rogers end and they are fixing it and another basically says its my device. I never had an issue before the last update. I have cleared the cache and have rebooted my device multiple times, I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot view bill in MyRogers on android

So it looks like the team responsible for the app have come out with a update that fixes this issue. I downloaded a NEW My Rogers app in the middle of the week on both my devices, and i can now see my bill. hooray! cheers, good stuff to those who reported it to technical support

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Hi hshort1990, You know what? I have the exact same problem too.

I updated my app like 2 or 3 days ago, im a android 9 (pie) and it used to work before, but now it does not.

I did nothing except upgrade the app thru the Google Play App Store.

I have not had a chance to call in to customer service but if they tell me its my device, I will refuse to believe them and tell them to escalate it.

Its nice to see I am not the only one having this problem. I have no idea what version of android I have but its a Samsung S10e.

RogersZia

Hello @hshort1990,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting your inquiry!

It's definitely odd that you're unable to view bills on your Android device. Thank you for sharing all the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far.

I wasn't able to replicate the issue on my end, I was able to view the bill on an android device. May I know what app version are you currently on? Can you and @Pauly confirm if this is an issue just over Wi-Fi or on cellular data too? Are you guys able to access all the other features on the app?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you guys further :).

RogersZia

Hi @RogersZia,
This is happening over wifi and when my data is turned on. The MyRogers App version I am using is version 5.15.0.145(635). I can view my usage and change profile information. Not sure of there is anything else I am supposed to be able to do via the app. Also the android version I am using is Android 10.

@hshort1990, thank you for clarifying. We were able to access the invoice via the MyRogers App on an S10e without any issues. Just to confirm, is your cellphone a Rogers device? How many wireless lines do you have on your account? There have been times when certain features are only available through the Data Manager line. Is your line currently assigned as the Data Manager?

Additionally, have you made any account changes recently (for e.g. adding/removing a service or changing your MyRogers login credentials)?

Thank you for your understanding and patience while we work to resolve this for you :).

RogersZia

@RogersZia, No my wireless is not with Rogers, the only service that I have with Rogers is the internet. I have not made any changes or authorized any account changes. Also I have no idea what you are referring to when you say Data Manager Line.

Its almost like the app is registering that it is a corporate account when it is supposed to be a residential service. Can someone look into that as well. Thanks.

Marossab6986
I've been here awhile
I am having this issue as well on my Samsung S10, very recently within the last two weeks. I have contacted rogers support as well.. no help. Every other tab is accessible and fine except for the billing portion. Its extremely frustrating as I've been using the app to pay my bills since it has released. This issue seeiously needs to be fixed. I to have Uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared cache and have the app up to date. Its extremely annoying and have never had this issue on another other provider app. Than I was told to come here.. but apparently there is no resolution here either.

Hello Rogers.

I am using vers: 5.15.0.145 of your Android App.

My device is Samsung with Android 9 (Pie). Its not a rogers device but it shouldnt matter because my only rogers service is Their Residential Home Internet, not wireless. Regular consumer ignite plan. I made no account changes. All i did was upgrade the app when it told me to in google play

hshort90
I've been here awhile
I called Rogers yet again earlier today about this issue. The lady who I spoke to was a great help, but the issue was still not resolved. She tried on both her Rogers device and a wifi only device; she was able to recreate the error on her wifi only device. It seems like its a problem with devices that are not connected with Rogers. This is still @hshort1990. My account was reset when I contacted support.

Marossab6986
I've been here awhile
I have rpgers wifi so I dont think it's that, because i still have the issue on wifi and off wifi. My cell phone is with another provider but that shouldn't matter as computers seem to work fine.

hshort90
I've been here awhile
@Marossab6986, it seems to be an app problem because it seems to work in a browser setting (ie chrome, safari, Samsung internet) and it only seems to be a problem on non Rogers devices.

Hello @Marossab6986 , @hshort1990 , @hshort90@Pauly 

Thanks for your posts!

@hshort90 When you contacted us, do you recall if a ticket was created? 

Based on the posts here it does seem to be an issue with Non-Rogers devices. I can quickly look into your accounts and submit a ticket if need be.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your information on our file and get started.

If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system please click here.

Cheers

RogersHarry

Rocha
I've been around
Having the same issue and I have a Rogers mobile acct aswell, but I did buy my phone out right. It's been over 3 weeks with this issue.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Hello RogersHarry,

I have yet to call in and create a ticket for this issue. I have discovered that logging into MyRogers thru a Web Browser on my Desktop computer It works, and I can view my bills just fine., But there are times I am out of the office for extended periods of time and Want to check my Rogers residential internet bill on the go and I prefer to do it on the app, and I would expect it to work when I need it.

Can you please pass along the feedback that it is not working for not just myself, but it seems a lot of people it is not working for are using Android Operating system, so I am not sure if you are hiring a third party app developer for this app or coding it in-house but it does not work as of the last upgrade. This is not a one off either, if your app developers would read the comments from the Google Play App Store, you would see many comments explaining the same problem

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
tried it on my fido phone, and same, no luck.

Hey @Pauly,

Hopefully, all is well at your end. We appreciate the additional info.! 🙂

It can help to provide specific examples of users who are being affected which is why we always ask for a PM so we can lodge a ticket. We have also flagged this issue to our internal teams for investigation as well. 👍

Cheers!

RogersLaura

Also having this issue on a Samsung Galaxy S8 (android version 9). Can't view billing on the rogers app, but can view it via web browser.

I spoke with a technical support agent today who was ADAMANT that it was a device issue and to speak with Fido, as it is their problem (doubt it).

Hello @Longval066

Thanks for your first post

I do apologize for this. This does appear to be an issue with Non-Rogers devices and has been sent to our internal team. I can quickly review your account and submit a ticket to capture an example.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your information on our file and get started.

If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system please click here.

Cheers

RogersHarry

So it looks like the team responsible for the app have come out with a update that fixes this issue. I downloaded a NEW My Rogers app in the middle of the week on both my devices, and i can now see my bill. hooray! cheers, good stuff to those who reported it to technical support
Topic Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 in conversation