Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

General Comment on the MYROGERS - appears to be unavailable.

The trouble shooting questions above are interesting, and I can see how changes could contribute to problems, but with a site that has been active for coming on two years, if these are the things that are causing problems,

all I can say is,

"That is unacceptable".

This thread has been receiving this same question since the major change in the site back in March through June of 2015, and yet it keeps happening.

We have all experienced this inability to access account information, the incessent bouncing jelly beans and other oddities of this site.

I too went through a couple of days this week of not being able to see the details of my account this week, and fortunately it has cleared up, but I can assure you that nothing has changed in my account in over 1 1/2 years.  So when I hear this is often, or usually a result of a change in our account, I am sorry, I don't buy it.  It may be a known problem, but there are often problems with this site.

Obviously, even if there has been changes to my account, the frequency in which this issue is reported here - this is over 50 pages on this topic now and the problems with the site continues far too frequently than is acceptable.

I have to wonder if when the programmers make changes, if they do a full test (even if it is minor change), by load testing, and putting it through things like described.  Maybe a permanent set of willing and well supported beta testers need to be in place.

As an example, I use Ancestry a lot and recently, the company that provides the software to link to family trees in Ancestry has done a major change in the way the software connects and synchronizes information.

They have been working with beta testers for about 6 months now, working deligintently with a dedicated SMS group with direct access to the company testers and engineers - similiar to what we see in beta testing of the modems, but not in public, just updates as they go along.

When they did their load tests before rolling out the new versions, they found that it put far too great a load on the servers, and gateways for Ancestry negatively impacting all users, so they put a stop on it, contacted all their beta testers and are carefully moving forward.

I just don't see this process of maticulous, careful testing and load testing on this site prior to rolling out changes.  The major changes to the site at the moment has been the change up in packages, and adding more self serve features.

To hear the suggestion that inactive accounts, or changes in services, etc are the first line of trouble shooting, suggest a complete lack of testing of the most common things that can occur with their millions of customers.  These type of things should be tested for as matter of fact each time any change is made to the functioning of the site. I always expect that some bugs may be missed with any changes, with a complex multifunction site, but this suggests to me inadequate testing of the obvious.  Just the humble opinion of a retired corporate systems analyst, in charge of all access electronically to staff and patients in a hospital setting.  In my case, these types of errors could be life and death, here you just risk grumbling customers, or ultimately loss of customers.

So that is my general vent -

Recent changes in accounts should not lead to a failure to be able to access your "self serve account site".  These things need to be carefully tested on all ways that customers may use the site, and any variation of changes in services, etc.

So although I appreciate the support and questions that have been put forward, and guess that since this has become a common trouble shooting question for this issue, it must be a known problem that really should have been seen in testing.

And it doesn't explain the long history of challenges with this site as a whole.  In my case, I just waited it out and things cleared up, if I can't get in, I just go 611 on my phone and get the information from a rep - I dump the problem of accessing my information back on Rogers staff, that way Rogers bears, the consequences of a poorly operating web site.

Just a comment that this whole ongoing issue is abslutely ongoing and far too common.

Hope all of you having this recent bout of problems are getting some resolutions.  And for those who have been asked about changes in your accounts, it would be interesting to see what your answers and the final outcome are.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, I posted the following in a similar thread a few days back.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/MyRogersSupport/message-id/18970...

I agree, when it doesn't work, use a different angle. Lately I've found "chat" to be quite useful, but others may prefer a phone call. The nice thing about "chat" is that I can take a screenshot for my records or if I forget something.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had the same problem during all of January 2018 until yesterday.  Rogers tech or billing support people told me the same things: clear cookies and cache, try another browser, log in from another computer.  Nothing worked. They believed the problem was mine, not theirs, because they could access everything just fine from their end. Finally, all I wanted was my January bill, either a pdf or hard copy.  One agent promised to email me a copy, then emailed only a link to the login of Rogers website, on which I still can't access my bill!  To send a hard copy would have cost $15 reprint fee.  Honestly, I have never been so frustrated.  Finally someone on Chat created a case, which will be looked at in 5-7 days.  Then, suddenly, for no apparent reason, it worked - I have access!  Until next time!

I've Been Around

It's frustrating.   I have not been able to access my bills and usage online for 3 months.  Every time I chat or call I'm told the same thing.  Clear cookies, try a different computer, delete temporary downloaded files, etc, etc.
I've tried 3 different computers, 1 tablet, 5 different browsers (Safari, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Edge).  I've been on chat sessions that are 30 minutes long each time with no solution, and on the phone with the billing department.  But nothing - I can't view anything under MyRogers.  And no one willing to help take ownership and follow up.
They can see everything fine from their end so I'm stuck.  My bill went up significantly and I had no view it.  And I have no view my usage to see if the new package they put me on is what I need or if I'm ok to reduce my internet package.
Very frustrating - very poor service.  Everyone is trying to blame either my PC, browser or some other department

I'm a Senior Advisor

This is such a long story about these things happening, and Rogers still relies on placing the blame on our computers and browsers.

It makes me lean towards having my bill mailed to me.  Supposedly you will still be able to see the online bill for a couple of months.

But for the immediate instance - due to whatever the reasons are, they have not been able to provide access to the bill you are looking for.  If it cannot be resolved and made to work, I would escalate it to a discussion with management at Share a Concern.  I do not view that it is reasonable for them to charge a reprint on a Bill (if you are not receiving it in the mail).  I know that is the fee schedule, but if for whatever reason, no troubleshooting on their part can resolve the issue, then mailing it to you are emailing it seems reasonable to me.

Push upwards until you get it.

It is kind of like if you never got a bill in the mail, and you advise them, I would expect them to send it out again, because mail does get lost in transit as we all know.

So since you have followed all their trouble shooting on various computers, you have lived up to your responsibilities of working with them to resolve the issue, now my own view is it is up to them to find an alternative - email or mail until this gets fixed. 

Just because they can't identify a way to get it fixed doesn't mean that absolves them of the need to find a solution.

I don't know, maybe it is something at the router level.  Maybe take your tablet to the store, connect to their store WIFI - they have one you can use for seeing how devices work - and show them how it doesn't work, then call tech support and tell them you are in the store.

Maybe the store will print out the copies for you, that is if they can see it. 

Just thought of something - if you have a laptop along with your tablet, can you get access outside your home?  Just wondering, as it seems very weird that you can't get access for so long.  Maybe have them walk you through disconnecting your account and setting back up again.

I am fishing here for suggestions, but here is my bottom line if it were me.

I would escalate and request that they be creative in coming up with a solution to improve your end to end experience (in this case, access to your bills).  This is the position of the board and CEO at the moment that all levels in the organization are to aggressively look for creative solutions to things that impact the end to end customer experience.  Hold them to that commitment and escalate if necessary.

Plus, in the interim, in a chat or call, ask them to detail for you line by line what is on your bill. Not a great solution, but you can at least get the information and it makes more work for them.

I sympathize with you, as I have been through this craziness of myRogers a few times - in this very long thread, you will find me a few times, and others who have dealt with it more than once.

Good luck - keep pushing them - it is their problem to find a solution.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Spirbhai : As mentioned by @BS there are a couple of formal avenues for you to express your concern.  One is "share a concern," link below:  This often results in a return call from the office of the president within 24 hours.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

Another option is to send a PM to the Community Helps people on this forum. They are often able to resolve issues.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Data-Overage/m-p/407068#M20075

I've Been Around

Finally ....

After 4 months

I got an agent that deleted the online account and recreated it.

That fixed the problem.

I can now access it through the App.  And on my browser.

So if anyone has the same issue please go online and chat with someone and tell them to delete and recreate your online account.  Took 2 minutes to get resolved what multiple agents could not do.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks for the feedback. Sometimes it just takes talking to the right person. This obviously can be very frustrating for someone who has already spent a lot of time and effort.  The people at the links I provided earlier are usually more likely to either: be the right person, or get you in touch with the right person.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@57, thanks for the links - I always know what the contact and process is, but organization isn't my strong skill, just knowledge, so I count on you and others to have the links.  You always have them handy - probably all sitting in bookmarks I would guess.

I am glad it provided a solution to @Spirbhai .  It struck me as I was writing me my post that the missing part of the trouble shooting was to disconnect and delete the account - it is surprising that it went so long with no suggestion by anyone to do that - it has been commonly reported here on the forum both by moderators and users alike.  Configuration data for login purposes do corrupt once in a while, in a fact it is very common in the nature of databases, when you have millions of pieces of data in there.

So, new trouble shooting - 1. Is there a computer server issue that is known - no. 2. What browser, version, operating system are you using - they can then check if any known issues. 3. When could you last log in.

Let's try one last thing - I am going to have you disconnect your account from the log in, delete it and start over again anew. 

If that doesn't work - then they should open a ticket, if they don't, ask them to, because there is something in the system at your account level in the database.

Pretty standard trouble shooting, but unfortunately, you had to get the advise of who to go to get support, and to do that last step of trouble shooting - it is known.  As @57 points out, sometimes it can be a challenge to get someone who knows what to do, or will take the extra step.

Glad it got resolved.

Chock another one up to the forums.  What would Rogers and customers do without the input of its customers.

Bruce

3. try a different browser or device (if available).  4. clear cookies and cached data 5.