Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

I wonder if Rogers is ever going to get the point that a major part of quality customer services, is yes, do train your representatives to listen and attempt to meet the customer needs, but more important, is creating applications, interfaces, devices, and services that are reliable, intuitive, and work with only minor bugs that then get fixed quickly.  And if it can't be dealt with quickly, always have a rollback contingency in case it goes real bad.

I too have been with Rogers for a long time, have generally had very reliable and predictable services, with the occassional misscommunication or implementation of the codes to change a component of my services, always fixed well.  

Many years back when they implemented an upgrade GTA wide to the Internet systems to make them faster and handle more load, that failed badly and I was without services for a few weeks, when I said, forget it, I am just going to cancel.  They lost huge numbers of customers on that one. I had the most priceless discussion with a technical support that time - check with your neighbours and see if they are having issues - had to say, none of my neighbours had Rogers, they had all moved, I was the last one. I dumped my Internet and kept Cable.

Over the last year and a bit, I have dealt with errors in making changes to my accounts, because the internal systems do not let them "roll back" when an error on their side, or poor communication occurs, browser interfaces that don't run reliably, the ongoing difficulties with MyRogers and Bill formats, and yes, lucky me - I have the Navigtr issues to deal with too.

So, I am reaching my limits - I have spent many hours here, and in chats, and with various levels of service and tech reps, all the way to OOP, and to CRTC.  Most issues have been dealt with fairly in terms of errors in plans and pricing, but the inability to fix technical issues in a timely manner is rampant across all services right now.

It is time for them to take a serious rethink on how they go about implementing things before they become another Novell, Nortel, and many other companies who tried to move too fast with modern technology implementations and got in over their heads, which I honest believe that Rogers is in way over their heads. When you consider that Bell has been at their infrastructure change since 2010, and does still have some minor issues, they took their time to get it generally right.

How many changes in service models have we been through with Rogers in the last year.  Too many to count, and how many have gone well.  Unfortunately none of mine.

I have been a strong advocate for Rogers for years, with a high level of services, interacting only to deal with a failed remote - change it at the store, and to review plans at the end of each terms.  In between, I was generally silent and enjoyed my access to quality service that met my families needs very well.

I can no longer make that claim - So Roger's (if this is being red by senior people or fed up to you), please take stock of the state of your current services, and decide what you want to do well and get it all running well.

Would like to not be thinking about leaving, just want to enjoy my telecom, Internet, and video watching needs in a reliable manner.

Bruce

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good Afternoon @kalvinng,

We would like the opportunity to take a deeper look into your MyRogers account and help you resolve the issue.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@BS

You and I think alike. Very well put.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jimboden Yes, you and I do appear to think alike.  I see you are a resident expert - must be very frustrating having that title and watching all of this stuff.

I have a relative who does high level implementations for a major bank, as well, my daughter has also done major web implementations of the online banking for a major bank.  Myself, I have managed client information systems and reporting systems for funding and accountability of health care services to a small agency (about 5000 patients/clients per year).

Like banking, in my line of work, I could not afford to have things go wrong - And yes, we always had a rollback plan ready to go if something major came along, although we had always done pilot testing on test platforms using real users to try out the new systems, and if they said it would impact their ability to provide quality health care, we did not go forward.  So when I read they have tested extensively, I am left with the view that their idea of testing is certainly not my view of quality implementation and testing.  Their only risk though is lost customers, which should concern them, in my case, it could be live and death issues in some cases, or significant deteriation in the quality of services to patients if I negatively impacted the clinicians and managers ability to integrate systems into their clinical work.

So, yes, we do think the same way - and yes my standards of good implemenation are high - they had to be.  I can accept lower standards, there is nothing life or death as an individual, the solution is just to move on, but I have only been placed in that situation once.  I just want to enjoy the use of my services. So as I said, I can deal with a lower standard on implementation, in that no implementation goes perfectly, but some of these have been disasters, and it seems that there is no turning back once they go forward.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I guess I'm lucky in that everything I need from Rogers is working for me, View cable bills, View PayGo history and Manage PVR, all without anymore jiggerypokery like deleting cookies and history. (Well, except just now had to fix Firefox for remembering my username instead of my email address for Managa PVR.)  I'm also not plagued by Navigatr because I have an SA8300HD.

But having gone through a lot of grief in the past I can fully apprerciate problems others are having and don't for a second disbelieve them. Getting account information, viewing and managing your PVR recordings should be idiot proof, not something requiring a degree in computer engineering. I recently read an older article about the Toyota unintended acceleration problem  It was hypothesized that the failsafe safeguards in the ECU code failed to work because of "Spaghetti Code".  There were millions upon millions of lines of code, too much to go through, so patches were applied on top of patches without finding or fixing the root cause. I'm thinking the same problem exists in the Rogers website and Navigatr code. Not sufficient quality control from the beginning and hasty patches on top of patches by people who really don't know what customers want.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

my roger account sign in problem

it always display

Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience!

i can not reach my account for serveral months, i tried from my computer, notebook, ipad, samsung note2, it is the same answer.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have had a similar experience. Most days I'm unable to access my account information, my billing information online has not matched my paper bill that I receive.

I've tried to view online details of my cellular phone usage and have not been able to access a list of telephone calls or text message information (to/from which numbers, length of time, etc). There was only 1 month where this information was available to me.

I also recently had the Smart Home Monitoring installed in my home and have had problems with using the application, it just keeps buffering and will often not load at all. I have cameras included with my security system and some of the rules I've added have caused problems with the system getting "stuck" and when they do I then stop receiving my notifications on my phone. Because I've been getting the same error message about the information being temporarily unavailable I haven't been able to go to the security web site and look at the footage from my cameras that was taken while I was away.

I've also had problems with my visual voice mail on my cellular phones. It will show that I have a message but I can not listen to it because it is greyed out. After speaking with Rogers tech support on a few occasions the voice mail issue seems to resolve itself.

Is anyone else having a similar problem or is there a Rogers representative that could help or give some insight with these problems?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@OLDYELLR

It's getting close to 3 weeks now and I still can't get into my account. I guess they must have rocket scientists working on it. I think they need to attach a booster rocket to get up to speed.Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@BS

You've done a lot of interesting things in your career. I could tell a lot of stories on here, but will refrain. I'll just mention one, as you referred to Nortel. I did a project with Nortel back when its stock was at $120. I was a contract project manager for a company which specializes in pensions and benefits and Nortel was a new account for them. I worked with Nortel people all around the world via phone calls and emails. They contracted to the third party for a system which allowed their employees to subscribe to a benefit plan that required an IVR for them to call in and manage their transactions. It also required a back end system to deal with the transactions. At that time, Nortel had over 100,000 employees. The project had a "drop dead" completion date, which I like to refer to as right to left scheduling. My responsibility, other than working with Nortel, was to assemble a project team consisting of people with different skill sets who worked for the third party company that was responsible for the implementation. There were many sceptics who thought the deadline was too aggressive and we wouldn't be able to make it on time.

It was my job to make sure it came in on time and budget, and it did. Nortel senior management were so pleased at the success of the project that they took most of the project participants from Nortel, plus me from the third party company, on a Caribbean cruise. We all received an outstanding achievement award and a cash reward while we were on the ship. We had a great time on the cruise and I finally got to meet most of the Nortel people with whom I had worked on the project.

It was very sad to see what eventually happened to Nortel.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Tried signing in to My Rogers today on my iPhone. Unlike on Windows, I can see some account info, including my current balance, next billing date, and my wireless statistics. Still no statistics for TV or internet, though. There is an option to link an account but, thankfully, unlike on Windows, it doesn't pop up asking me to do anything.