Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

jimboden wrote:

Woo hoo! At least one thing is working. I received my email bill overnight. When I sign into my account, now I don't get the link nag, just jumping bars, nothing else. Man, this is great progress. Time to celebrate. Smiley Surprised

Oh surely there is something wrong on your end then  .... have you changed browsers , cleared your cache, shut off your pop up blockers, spun four times to the right and three to the left   or . . ..  . .  .

I'm an Advisor

I spoke too soon earlier. The link account nag is back again. Smiley Sad

I'm an Advisor

Just received a PM from Community Helps advising me the case has been escalated higher up the food chain. Sounds good to me. All I can do is hope for the best.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

jimboden wrote:

Just received a PM from Community Helps advising me the case has been escalated higher up the food chain. Sounds good to me. All I can do is hope for the best.

This is after two weeks right .... if your plumber.... mechanic... electrician  ....worked at that speed , would they still have a job with you ?

I've Been Here Awhile

On November 19, I received an email from Rogers promoting a contest to win a credit of my monthly bill. The email was later confirmed by Rogers to be legit.

I clicked on the link in the email that directed me to the Rogers website. When I attempted to login with my usual username, the page directed me to change my username to my email address, which I did.

Now whenever I login to my profile, I receive this message:

“We noticed you don't have a Rogers account linked to your MyRogers profile. Link an account to get the most out of MyRogers.”

When I click on the “Link Account” button, I am asked to enter my Account Details (Wireless/Cable Account, Account Number, Postal Code) and Billing Preferences (Online Billing/Paper Bill).

After I enter the requested info and click on “Link Account”, I receive this message:

“This account is already associated to a MyRogers profile. Please log in to that profile to manage the account, or for assistance connect with a Customer Care representative via Live Chat.”

When I attempt to login into my profile using my original username, I receive this message:

“We’re sorry. Your username/email address is invalid. Did you change it recently? Please try again.”

It has now been 2 weeks, since the problem started and after multiple hours on calls and live chats with Rogers, still no resolution.

Is anyone else having this issue?

I'm an Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

@jimboden wrote:

This is after two weeks right .... if your plumber.... mechanic... electrician  ....worked at that speed , would they still have a job with you ?

@barndoor

Yes, it's over 2 weeks already and the answer to your question is not a chance. Let's just say that Rogers is close to losing a very long time customer. I think their support is pathetic, which is not to say I don't appreciate the help from mods and Community Helps. They are also at the mercy of whoever is truly responsible for fixing these things. There never seems to be a sense of urgency, and everything moves at a snail's pace. I even suggested how they should be able to fix this problem, because I know what caused it.

I'm an Advisor

@menouda

I have exactly the same problem, word for word. If you read more of this thread, you will see many similar comments. My issue has had a case number for several days, but nothing has happened to fix it. Right now, I'm stuck on the link account pop up screen and can't do anything except go to the forum. I've been in contact with Community Helps since day one and my case has apparently been escalated, but everything's moving at a snail's pace.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been unable to access My Rogers for several days now.

"Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience! "

As I am in the process of migrating to a business plan, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I've Been Here Awhile

The Customer Care Manager I spoke to yesterday, mentioned that there are 'others having the same problem'.  Looks like the Rogers Technology group didn't properly plan/test their Username/Email Migration project.  We might have to wait until their next maintenance window before the problem is resolved.  No idea when that will be...

I'm an Advisor

@menouda wrote:

The Customer Care Manager I spoke to yesterday, mentioned that there are 'others having the same problem'.  Looks like the Rogers Technology group didn't properly plan/test their Username/Email Migration project.  We might have to wait until their next maintenance window before the problem is resolved.  No idea when that will be...

@menouda

No kidding. I've been with Rogers for a very long time and can honestly say I've never seen them implement a change that worked as it's supposed to when released. Someone at Rogers should get educated about the importance of functional and integration testing and making sure internal people on the project are doing their job. I have managed some very large IT projects in my life. The majority of them were with one of the large banks and, trust me, this is CRITICAL. There are many steps that need to be taken in a project to ensure the deliverable is tested 6 ways from Sunday, as the old expression goes. There should also be a contingency plan to back out a new release ASAP if there are any significant issues with it. Rogers just implements its mediocre efforts and lets the customers deal with it. There are lots of examples of that. I'm sure glad that I don't have a Nextbox 3 with the new Navigatr as a perfect example. I'm glad I still have my trusty 11 year old SA8300HD which is still going strong. The only thing I've had to do over the years is replace the original hard drive, which died after 10 years.