Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@jimboden I notice that mods pick up on some complaints here on the forum and send private messages to the customer to help. You can also send a private message to CommunityHelps yourself to get the ball rolling. As for passwords, I had one for a long time until I fat fingered it too many times on my phone and got locked out. After calling Rogers I got an email to reset it, but now it needed a numeric character in there, making it even more difficult to use on my phone.

@OLDYELLR

I thought I mentioned this before, perhaps in another thread. I've been in daily contact with Community Helps since this started. I have a long list of messages sent and received.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi All,

I just wanted to say that Rogers was finally able to sort out my bill :D. Although I didn't get any free service, I feel satisfied that I don't need to nag about this anymore.

I have reviewed the bill and although there were some weird stuff, I'll call it a win and hopefully the rest gets sorted out for December. Here are some of the new issues (I will forward this to Rogers as well):

1. Since I was missing October/November, the bills are now combined together and labelled October. I do not have a problem with this but I am not sure how it will affect December.
  2. Everything on my bill was duplicated (to cater for Oct/Nov) except for November's Home Phone. I'm sure it's not a free service but as mentioned above, I don't know how it will affect December.

I think those are all the issues regarding the new bill. However, I have also noticed that my rewards doesn't show up online either but it did show on the bill so I'll leave that as is for now.

Finally, I also have tons of issues on my other account with wireless service but I'll add a new comment since that one is just too crazy.

Thank you everyone for all your help and this Forum was really helpful. I will continue to make use of it :).

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Good Afternoon @ajbear1,

Thank you for updating the Community and letting us know your issue has been resolved.

Happy to hear you will continue visiting us here Smiley Happy

Cheers!

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi All,

It's me again from the Oct/Nov billing issue. I just wanted to tell you about my major Wireless problems (separate account) which is sort of fixed but not entirely fixed. 

Here is how it all began.

During the month of Sepetmeber, I decided to add a line to my Share Everything Plan because both me and my partner was travelling outside of Canada and we wanted to benefit from the "Roam Like Home" feature. This was also the same event that triggered the Oct/Nov billing issue since her wireless was removed from the other account.

Everything looked smoothly for the days we used the new feature until we got back home. I checked online and noticed that the plan was incorrect because of the data and I got them fixing this. However, since I can't see the changes right away, I waited a few more days and then noticed that they switched my plan to a Talk/Text with no data which just made it  worse. Both of these events then triggered a negative value bill on both this account and the Oct/Nov account (don't know how but I'm guessing it's because accounts are linked to phone numbers). After I got that fixed again, they screwed up my data once more and after many more tries, I had a stable bill :D.

At the end of October, I noticed that the Share Everything Plan was beneficial so I decied to add my brother to my account. He was with another company so I was told the phone needed to be ported over and this is where everything got chaotic.

I went online and started using the chat to ask a few questions about porting over a number, how much it will cost , etc. Unfortunately, because of their lack of training and with no consent, the Tech (or so they are called!), ported over the number ontop of my existing number and here is what he told me (not exactly word to word but I remember most of it): "I have now ported over the number temporarily onto your phone. Once you received a new sim, we will switch back your number" (something like that).

So I decided to go down to the Rogers store since I now have my brother's phone number and my brother's line was disconnected (ALL BECAUSE ROGERS TECH SCREWED THINGS UP!!!). After leaving work for lunch and will never returned (4hrs wasted), I got to the store and the tech told me why I didn't come to them first instead of doing it online since my number was completed removed and they can't do nothing about restoring it (IT HURTED a bit since I had that number for 7+yrs). Finally after tech after tech, I was able to get to someone on the phone but I had to talk to them out of the store since apparently, you cannot talk to another rogers rep while you are in the store that is not part of the store (Does anyone know if this is true?). The person then told me the same thing as to why I did it over chat and not calling? What surprises me is that everytime I call, they always send me to chat which is so annoying but now I always stick to saying that I had bad experience and don't want to use chat service.

The rep then asked me the usual questions that I already went over with the store rep and finally I was passed onto an acutal Tech (Rogers do have some that are experienced). Apparently, my number was moved to some location where they are stored but can never be used again (the magic of porting a number over). After a good 2+hrs, they were fianlly able to restore my number by creating a new number and porting my old number onto that one. Then I got a new sim and everything was sorted out and working. Felt so relieved!

Then came my November bill and this is where I currently stand. Apparently, everything on my account is now linked to my brother's number. So far this is what I noticed:

1. Flex tab - It is now fixed since I'm sure Rogers didn't want to give me a free phone :D.
  2. Account Name - Not fixed. Never shows up as my name.
  3. Sure tap - Not fixed. Although neither of us has the suretap sim because we both had to get new sim, the suretap add-on still shows on his number when viewed online.
  4. Spotify - Not fixed. Still linked to his number.

At the moment, I still think that 75% of stuff is still linked to his number but it's very hard to verify since MyRogers information is very limited. What also concerns me is that my number was recently recreated so do I lose the status of Rogers Loyalty and have to start all over again? Or is this based off of account number rather than phone number?

I did sent in a ticket regarding all of these issues so I hope they are actually looking into it. With all this time spent on both my accounts and the stressed encountered, I hope they fix and maybe make it a lot less simpler in the future (don't want to ask for a discount :P).

Also, I honestly would advice everyone to be careful which tech deals with your account (I personally don't like the chat session yet it so much more convenient) because they can do terrible damages to it.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Holy moly!

A number should never be ported over until there's a temporary number available for it to be put onto (which you would get from a new activation). I mean, unless you wanted to get rid of the old number.

Once a number is deactivated, it's held for 90 days before being put back into the general pool of numbers for someone else to use. That's done for just this reason, or if someone changes their mind. So thank goodness you were able to get it back.

@CommunityHelps can you come and assist @aj_12 with fixing the rest of his problems?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @aj_12,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

We're sorry to hear you've had so much trouble bringing over your brother's line to your Rogers account. Typically it is a seamless process. 

I'm happy to hear that we are working towards a resolution for the issues you are having and that a trouble ticket has been created.

If you would like an update on your ticket, please feel free to contact us via private message @CommunityHelps and we can have a look at the progress for you.

@RogersGabrielle

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @RogersGabrielle or @CommunityHelps,

Would you mind sending me the ticket number that this is actually being looked at? As mentioned before, I had bad experience with the ticketing system.

I also noticed that I can't get to MyRewards points (when I click on Rewards->Browse/Membership/MyWishList, it just shows the loading gif. However, on my other account, the points system works fine).

I suspect that this is happening because of the account issues.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @aj_12

I’d like to help in getting your issue resolved. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersSannecia

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have been getting this error message on my android app and online since late August, and it is now December ... I CANNOT DO ANYTHING!!!  Don't tell me to try difference browsers or restart computer, you guys know it is not my problem as this is all over the internet. I need this fixed NOW, 3 months has been way too long.

"Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience!"

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Woo hoo! At least one thing is working. I received my email bill overnight. When I sign into my account, now I don't get the link nag, just jumping bars, nothing else. Man, this is great progress. Time to celebrate. Smiley Surprised