Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Cannot access MyRogers Account Details

Congratulations @dysonj !   It 's too bad they ignored you two weeks ago when you first brought your problem to the board . Smiley Sad

SO is there a tutorial for getting around this issue ... seems to be an obvious problem . 

Not really specific to anyones privacy if multiple people are having issue with it I would think. And sounds like some have fixed it themselves so it  seems to be eligible as a self help topic.

I agree @OLDYELLR the inconsistencies are getting old very quickly. 

I see I stay logged in here after I leave and there is no where that I can log out. When I do go to the "sign in " it shows me as needing to sign in ... yesterday  even after changing browsers and coming back a half hour later I was still logged in and and it said I had been online for 100 minutes ... yet I stiil had to sign in to get back here to post and to My Rogers. What is up with that?  In one sense I don't really care but on the other hand  it does nothing for my confidence in the security around here. Smiley Wink

I do sympathize with the Rogers staff here though ... this place is like cutting down a dead tree ....you just never know when a dead branch will fall off and hit you in the head.   Smiley Tongue

BTW @OLDYELLR... I have found my Rogers getting more consistant. I sign in , a drop box page comes up listing accounts , I select the Pay go account I want to view, it takes me to that page , I select bills and payment, that takes me to an information page where I AGAIN have to select from a drop down box in the "account information" section,  the paygo phone number that I want the details for. It has worked consistently for me for a while now ... my issue comes from the fact  that it does not follow a logical progression and my memory fails me if it has been a period of time since I last looked at the details. 

Why In gods name Rogers don't just provide you access to paygo account details through the route travelled when you select the pay go account the first time you select is just beyond me .  Smiley Sad

It's just like ...why can the paygo account provide access to a printable PDF without going to the trouble of disabling the pop up blockers but the plan accounts can't ... ... it's that Rogers logic again..... Smiley LOL

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @CrustyMusty

Welcome to the Community Forums!

How recently did you set up your internet services? Were you able to register your account number after creating your MyRogers profile?

Let us know and we can assist further.

@RogersPrasana

I'm a Senior Advisor

@barndoor wrote:

I see I stay logged in here after I leave and there is no where that I can log out.

Do you not have a small "Sign out" button at the top of the page?

signout.jpg

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

I used the live chat support tool, suggested that I had an old (dead) account linked to my new account ant the support person checked then deleted the old Pay as You Go account (all with my permission and verification steps of course) and that fixed my problem.

Thank you community!  Without the suggestions and comments, I would have had to go through the cookies, browser etc eetc. before maybe getting to the right place (for me, who knows your milage may vary).

I've Been Here Awhile

Fixed, see longer post.

I'm a Senior Contributor

Can one of the moderators define what causes a Paygo account to become "old" or "expired"?  How long can I go without topping up a SIM before it becomes expired?  If I then add money to the SIM at a later date, does it become active again?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL 

My page looked like that @OLDYELLR except that mine always read "sign in /register" where yours says  "sign out"

And it was the same whether I was signed in and posting or not ... now it is slightly different again ...

This is just too funny  Smiley Very Happy.

At  least right now I can click on the Welcome icon drop down box and  choose log out . 

Good afternoon @roxandtreez

Thank you for your post.

The length of time before an accountt gets cancelled really depends on the expiry date.

The expiry date of your account balance goes according to your plan (either monthly or annually).

If you do not top up after your expiry date, you are granted a 7 days grace period to add a new voucher before you lose the remaining funds.

If you do not top up and your balance is expired, you will be unable to use your line, but you will n ot lose your telephone number right away.

For everyone on this thread who found out that removing your Prepaid account from your MyRogers online profile, resolved your issues; don't forget that we could have it linked to an independant profile that you could create using a different email addresss.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm a Senior Advisor

I know that after I forgot to renew my PayGo in time, I went to the Rogers store the next day and was able o renew and get my old balance back as well. Glad to know there's 7 days grace.

When a wireless account is not renewed, will Rogers attempt to contact the customer before giving the number away to someone else?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted

Thanks @OLDYELLR.

E very situation is different. However one thing is always the same :

When  a telephone number is cancelled, whether it is in a case like this (PayGo), or at the customer's request, the actual 10-digit number goes in a bank where it cannot be reassigned for a minimum of 60 days.

That particular time frame normally allows us to reactivate a phone number, if it is requested less than 2 months after it was originally cancelled.

RogersMaude