Can't view WCOH games on PS4 app

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can't view WCOH games on PS4 app

Hi, I'm having an issue where I can't view World Cup of Hockey games on the PS4 NHL GameCentre app. When I try to select a date or go to today's date the latest available date it gives is the last 2016 playoff game.

I can watch the game when I log into GameCentre on my laptop in a browser however.

Is this a known bug or some sort of rights issue? Thanks!

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Re: Can't view WCOH games on PS4 app

Hey @fingo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forums.

I can definately understand the concern of not being able to watch the World Cup of Hockey on your PS4. May I ask when this started happening and if it ever worked on any of the Preseason games? Have you also tried restarting the service and reattempting?

Anyone else in the Community experiencing similar symptoms?

RogersRoland

I've Been Here Awhile

Last night was the first time I tried to watch the WCOH so that's when I noticed it. The app won't let me select a date after June 2016. I've tried logging out and logging back in but it doesn't help.

And to reiterate, I'm able to watch on my laptop browser, so it's not a case of my subscription expiring. 

Thanks!

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @fingo,

I just got an update on your inquiry.

The World Cup of Hockey is a special event that doesn’t happen every year, so it’s not usually part of GameCentre LIVE. In fact, World Cup of Hockey is only available to Canadian subscribers. It was important to us that we make the tournament available as a thank you to our subscribers. Because the tournament starts more than a month before the regular NHL season, we prioritized the most popular platforms (Desktop, iOS, Android w/ Chromecast) to make sure we could be ready to go for the start of the tournament. Apple TV, Roku, PlayStation, and Xbox will be available for the regular NHL season as always.

It is probably not the good news you were expecting, but on the brightside, at least we have confirmed your PS4 will be up and ready for the NHL season.

RogersRoland

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the looking into it Roland. I'll hook up my laptop to my tv for the rest of the tourney. Cheers

I'm Here A Lot

No offfense Roland, but that is totally messed up.  I am not in the habit of sitting in front of my computer to watch hockey.  I choose to watch on my TV through my PS3.  I am not interested in watching it on my phone, tablet or all in one.  Rogers had plently of time to prepare for this tournament for EVERYONE.  Not just those who use the most popular platforms.  To me, this is just another strike against Centre Ice and pretty much solidifies my objection to actually spending money on it when my free subscriptions from Rogers finally expires.