Bug Report: Can't change password

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Bug Report: Can't change password

When using this page to change my password

https://www.rogers.com/web/RogersServices.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=ManageMyOnlineProfile_beta

I get the following error message, "We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later."

My current password works just fine. I can log in, nooooo problem there. Once I am logged in, however, I cannot change my password. 

I have tried to bring this to the attention of Rogers for 5 weeks now. I have emailed, I have called, I have even filled out the survey. Still there appears to be an issue.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersKyleC
Retired Moderator

Re: Bug Report: Can't change password

Hi @Strixy, if you still require assistance please reach out to us via Twitter @RogersHelps or at Facebook.com/Rogers

RogersKyleC

I've Been Around

I got the same issue as Strixy, and by the way, if I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account, how should I do? How should Rogers support do? Could you guys just post a solution here for other users?

How difficult it could be for fixing such issue?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It may be something that has to be dont back end, etc... in which the user needs to provide ACCOUNT information to a rep to fix ore at least to the change...

Which you obviously dont want your personal account information here in the open.
(on twitter as well as facebook you can do direct messages, etc)

You can try PMing someone like darrell on here and see if they are able to assit.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hello Strixy

Just to confirm, this issue occurs after you have had your password reset and you can successfully use the temporary password to log into the account, but when prompted to change from the new temporary password to a permanent one it presents a error message. Would this be correct?

Or would you be attempting to use your exsisting password to log in and are then attempting to update your password via your: "My Rogers > My Rogers profile > Update Profile > Update Rogers.com password" ?

Sorry about that, checked the link. If it was the first of the two, I do have a work around for that type of issue although I'm currently not certain about the second of the two. Yes it can probably be reset by an agent but that can be quite inconvienent compared to being able to do it yourself via the self serve.

Hope this gets fixed for you. 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same issue too.  I've tried for days now to simply update my password and keep getting that error.  It is annoying because the concept of changing a password is not that difficult to accomplish.  We of course get the typical Rogers response - which is no help whatsoever - contact me via Twitter for assistance.  Yep that helps me, because I don't have a Twitter account - so that's not a solution.

I'm Here A Lot

Been trying to change my Rogers account password for years... yes you read that correctly! Everytime I've tried it gives me this message:

We are currently experiencing problems accessing your account and therefore cannot complete your request at this time. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please try again later.

So I always leave it and forget, but this time I contacted the live help and they said its been a recent issue and theyre working on it, but its always been this way for me not just recently. They tried to get me to fill out a temp password form but its clearly not very secure since I can see the password on the screen, not written in asterisks like it should be. Besides what good is a temp password? I'm going to wait until they fix this but I doubt they ever will take this seriously so that is why I'm writing on here now, hopefully one of the Rogers employees will get this issue fixed. Its a huge security issue if I cannot change my password when I want!

Good afternoon @gzeus,

Thank you for your post! We definitely understand the inconveniences of this situation.

It is possible that your online profile is locked if you have made one too many attempt at accessing your MyRogers with the wrong password.

We would like to look into this further, and provide you with further assistance in regards to this matter ! 

Since the password reset requires access to your account, the @CommunityHelps team will have the ability to reach out to you via Private Message.

We will be getting in touch with you via PM as soon as possible so we can make all the necessary verifications.

I am confident we will have the ability to resolve this situation. 

Look out for the message in your inbox! :smileywink:

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

No surprise, Rogers Customer Service has been useless in dealing with this account issue. Its as if they don't read messages before responding or maybe theyre just trying to tick me off. They keep offering to make a temp password that must be changed in 24hrs and I keep telling them my account wont allow me to change my password, so a temp password will end up locking me out of my account after 24hrs. I've been trying to change it for years and I keep giving up after encountering useless help from Rogers employees. I promise, if this major security issue with my account isn't taken seriously and resolved, I'll be taking this to people higher up in the company Robot Mad

Hello again @gzeus,

I can understand your frustration   Smiley Sad        

However, keep in mind that we are trying to help you!

I believe there are three ways to reset your password:

-Either you go into your online profile settings like you have previously tried.

Sans titre.png

- The 2nd option would be to click on the "Forgot Password" link on the Sign In page for MyRogers.

Sans titre.png

- The third option would be to allow us to reset it, in order for you to modify it on your end for a password or your choice that you would keep permanently.

We can assure you that this process is secure and the reason why the temporary password expires after 24 hours is for additional safety measures.

If none of these methods worked, we can definitely escalate a ticket to the attention of our Back Office Team Smiley Happy

• Have you tried to do this with different browsers?
  • Have you verified whether you had a pop-up blocker or something similar preventing this transaction to go through?

It is primordial that you know we take this matter very seriously and are hoping to resolve this issue as soon as possible!

RogersMaude