cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackouts

mknycto
I've been here awhile
I am in Toronto. Are there any games blacked out for me other than some Leaf games? For instance if there are games that do not involve the leafs but are available on TVA sports (a channel that I do not subscribe to but is available). Are those considered "in market"?
153 REPLIES 153

Re: Blackouts

Hello @leafaninottawa,

Thanks for being a part of the Community and for posting your concerns! 👍

It's definitely nice to have so many options available when it comes to streaming! It makes it easier to watch your favourite teams!! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been experiencing when it comes to accessing certain games that shouldn't be blacked out for you, that's disappointing.

It is a bit odd that you can easily get the games on your tablet, but not always when streaming on your TV. Just to clarify, are these devices Android or Apple devices that you are using? Please see below for the device requirements when accessing Rogers NHL LIVE:

• Apple smartphones and tablets (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch): Requires iOS 8.0 or later
  • Android smartphones and tablets: Requires Jelly Bean 4.2.2 or later

You mentioned that you have also had trouble casting from your tablet to your TV. Please note, Chromecast does require a supported iOS or Android phone or tablet to send the stream. 

With this being said, since you have your services with TekSavvy, we can't really troubleshoot your internet connection. However, if you can please send us a Private Message, we can certainly have a look into your NHL login credentials and profile to ensure everything is in order and then we can go from there. 

For more information on our Private Messaging system, please CLICK HERE.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Hi, I am having the same problem...did you ever get your situation resolved? I have not...I live in NB and I cant view leafs games..could last year but not this year..i was told to get a new modem and this didn't resolve the concern...my ip address is also indicating that I live in NB

Good evening @SVENGALLEY,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post. 

I can imagine how disappointing the experience would've been for you. Please review RogersTony's post here so we can assist you further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Hi RogersZia,

I am experiencing the same trouble on blackouts. I have call customer support several times and many hours - I am getting conflicting information. I am subscribed to the premier sports packages and have been told I should not experience any blackouts with the package (tech support along with a rogers supervisor confirmed this) - but yet I am blacked out on the TSN/Sportsnet regional channels for all leafs games (I am in Newfoundland). I am not convinced this information is correct (based on some of the posts on here). I should note that I am paying extra for these packages for the sole reason of not experiencing blackouts on leafs games.

In my phone calls with tech support I was informed I should also be able to see on up Rogers Game centre live. We set this up via my Apple TV - yet I am still blacked out on Leafs games....However when I use Rogers Game Centre live at my son's house on Apple TV (ISP = Bell) I can view no problem.

I have wasted way too much time with Tech support and no one seems to know what the problem is - I am 2 months into the NHL season and this is my final attempt to get someone to help fix this problem. Rogers needs to advise how to fix this or I will simply be moving my Phone, TV and internet services with Bell. I have asked to be given centre ice for all of the trouble I have had to deal with thus far  - but I keep getting the run around. NOTE - I have been a loyal customer for 10-20 years and won't be returning should I switch. 

The application is "rogers" game centre live and they need to take ownership of fixing these problems.

Hello @raychann,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

As a fellow Hockey and Leafs fan, I really feel your pain having to deal with these blackouts on your Apple TV. We definitely want to do our best to get this resolved for you.

In order to troubleshoot this fully, we'll need to gather some specific information about your devices. Since the Community is a public place, please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and start investigating this for you.

If you are not familiar with our Private messaging system check out our Blog.

RogersTony

amreath
I've been here awhile

Unable to Stream Rogers NHL Live

I have subscribed monthly to the Rogers NHL Live service, with the hopes of watching all Toronto Maple Leafs games (I live in Ottawa, and should have access to the games through the app). 

However, I am unable to play any games from the Rogers NHL Live websites on Safari or Chrome. I have logged into Rogers NHL Live on both web browsers. 

On Chrome, when I click to "watch live" or watch a "replay", a new tab opens in Chrome which says "This page isn't working. If the problem continues, contact the site owner. HTTP error 400." The URL for this new tab seems to be: https://secure.nhllive.rogers.com/sso_redirect?sso[game_id]=2018020540,false 

On Safari, I can login to the site, however, as soon as I click on "schedule", it says "400 Bad Request. our browser sent an invalid request". The URL that won't work is: https://nhllive.rogers.com/en/schedule/

I have called Rogers technical support about this multiple times with no resolution to date. I have cleared all caches in both browsers, restarted browsers, restarted my computer, etc. 

Can anyone help?

So glad you've reached out via PM! We're looking forward to helping you out with this :). 

RogersAndy