Blackouts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Blackouts

Back again with the same issues.

Tried to watch the Leafs game on my Roku last night and i get a message that my subscription has expired.

Immediately got on the live chat to get it fixed.  Explained the situation and how it had happened in the past.  Missed the entire first period before part of my issue was resolved.  Again I was able to watch on my phone but not my roku or computer.  Same old geolocating issue i presume. 

Is there anyone at Rogers who can come up with a permanent fix for this problem?

I have missed at least 8 or 9 Leafs games as a result of this issue.  The sole reason i went with Rogers was for this free subscription to NHL live.  With all the time i have spent on the phone with the help line and in the live chats to get these issues resolved it hardly feels like i'm getting free subscription.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Wow exact same issue as mine, caused by them removing the free access because of switching my cell phone plan.  did you get this worked out?

I Plan to Stick Around

Haven't got it resolved yet this time but in the past someone from rogers has messaged me and they somehow fix the geoblocking problem I keep having. For some reason the fix doesn't last longer than a month.
I Plan to Stick Around

Blacked out of another Leafs game on this free Rogers NHL Live free subscription.

Have had this issue fixed 4 or 5 times now and nothing sticks.

Is there anyone working at Rogers that can fix this issue til the end of the regular season?

Hello @fredramsay,

Not being able to catch your favourite teams play due to Blackout issues is a major pain, I know how disappointing it can be to miss the big games.

I have reached out directly to the team that handles the Geoblocking issues and they have added the IP Address that you have provided to an exemption list so you should not experience any issues going further. IP addresses assigned by Rogers are dynamic and will change after a certain amount of time which could be why the issue started up again.

Let us know how it goes for you when the next game is on Tomorrow at 7:00 PM EST.

Any other community members facing blackout issues with out-of-market or national games can reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Tony, I am still being blacked out from the last leaf game.
I've Been Here Awhile

Highly unsatisfactory Rogers NHL Live performance - incorrect blackouts, cannot Chromecast

Hi. I purchased Rogers NHL Live back in September. I am not otherwise a Rogers customer, as I get my Internet from Teck Savvy. I live in Ottawa, and I want to watch Leafs games, so Rogers NHL Live seemed like the ideal product for this. Unfortunately it has been a constant frustration. Moreover, your technical folks have been unable to resolve the problem in spite of several long discussions between me and them.

My case # is C127836060. The last time I heard from your tech support group was an automated text message on November 30, 2017.

I will attempt to describe the problem.

For the vast majority of Leafs games, no matter where they originate (Toronto or a road game) I get a Blackout notice when I try to log on using my television or my PC. I am told that I live in a region that is "Blacked out" for leafs games in spite of the fact that I quite clearly do NOT. However, sometimes (rarely), I CAN watch a game on the TV or PC. There is no apparent pattern to this. Moreover, I can almost ALWAYS watch a game on my phone or tablet. SOMETIMES I can Chromecast a game from the tablet or phone to my television, but that is also not guaranteed and it is also completely unpredictable. Sometimes I start out being unable to even see a game on the tablet, only to have that change part-way through a game. I have been told all sorts of things - usually, it comes dowm to an IP Address issue - but this does not seem to make any sense since the signal coming to my tablet and phone originates with TeckSavvy and arrives via their modem and is then distributed via WiFi throughout my house - so it should all be the same IP address. And why, if I can see the game on my tablet, can I not Chromecast it to a TV? I should add that I have even isolated the TV  - removed all devices, cables, and so on - and yet the signal cannot be Chromecast. This is entirely frustrating. 

If anyone else reads this post and has had a similar experience, please let me know. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Florida blackout

I’m in SW Florida and a number of Leaf games including tonight’s is blacked out. The only other broadcast is on one of the NHL channels. Is that included as a blackout game? It is also a free game, should I not be able to get it. Not happy. I got almost all games last year

Hello, @ytee

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I certainly appreciate your position, blackouts can be disappointing, however, they are a mandate of the NHL designed to cultivate and protect a team’s home market. Both National and Regional game blackouts still apply outside of Canada, so, please keep in mind that if a game is available on TV where you’re travelling to, you will not be able to access the game in Rogers NHL LIVE. You can check our knowledge base article to know more about blackouts. 

Thanks,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Hi, I've had issues with Leaf games being blacked out for me all year long. I live in the GTA and I am a Rogers cable customer and have it linked to my account with all the proper channel subscriptions. Why does this keep happening and how can I fix it?