cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackouts

mknycto
I've been here awhile
I am in Toronto. Are there any games blacked out for me other than some Leaf games? For instance if there are games that do not involve the leafs but are available on TVA sports (a channel that I do not subscribe to but is available). Are those considered "in market"?
153 REPLIES 153

Re: Blackouts

melissabougie
I'm here a lot

Just wanted to provide an update for the ones that gave up on GameCentre. It seems that the issue has been solved! I am able to watch all out of market games now.

Even though Rogers keeps saying that nothing has changed from the previous site to the new upgrade, it did change, in the way that I am unable to watch in market games. I realize that the whole purpose of GameCentre LIve is to watch out of market games and that is fine, but this new update "enforced" this. WHich is fine and I am not complaining.

johnbent
I plan to stick around
I am watching games now also.
Seems to be working just fine. I can now watch in market games also, so now I do not know why but it is excepted, thanks for the update Rogers.

Hello @

I just got a band new phone today and went from Bell to Rogers almost entirely because of Gamecenter Live. I do not own a TV so watching on my iPhone or desktop are the ways I watch hockey. So I just sat down and logged in, excited to watch my Habs (albeit if they are out of playoffs) and I get told that it is blacked out? I live in Gatineau, QC, which is across from Ottawa.  Why are Habs games blacked out? Please tell me there is a workaround for this. Even watching in French is fine. But if not, I am very disappointed already.

DSgamby
I plan to stick around

As mentioned many times before. Gamecentre Live is for out of region games . The whole province of Quebec is in the Habs region. If your TV provider has Sportsnet's app as part of the watchtveverywhere program.

If you don't. You can use a VPN program to watch the game on Gamecentre Live.

Unforuantely, the issue is back! I cannot watch any games at all once again! This is getting ridiclous!!

Hi, thank you for your post @melissabougie and sorry for the late reply. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have this issue return.
• Is it the same case as before, where it stopped working after an update?
• Is it only working on your Android device and not the PC?
• Do you have the option to test it from another PC?
• What have you tried so far?

Regards,
RogersArthur

@RogersArthur

- Yes the same case as before, where it stopped after the update. Same issue, cannot watch ANYTHING now. This moment, I am clicking all the games available and everything is blacked out.

- Yes, same as before. It is only working on my android phone.

- Yes, but not luck with the other PC.

- Nothing else to try. Tried it with several other browsers, cleared cache all of that. But obviously this is not a browser issue.

This issue was rectified maybe couple of weeks ago? But not its back!

Hi @melissabougie,

If you're still experiencing the backouts issue I can definitely understand the inconveniences. I  have sent you a private message to reply to, from our @CommunityHelps. You can click here to access your inbox or click here to learn more about our Private Messaging system.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

RogersArthur

Lynda_W
I've been here awhile

We still cannot watch any game.  None.  Sometimes not even the "Free Game of the Day" 

We use the PS4.  I've tried accessing from the laptop as well and have the same issue.

Hi @Lynda_W

We can take a closer look into this for you. If you are still experiencing this issue, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can assist.

@RogersPrasana

I am traveling in Hawaii for 3 weeks. On the GameCentre website it says that you can watch games while you travel. I thought Yay!

but today I tried to watch the Oilers Flames game in Calgary and was told by the NHL website that
"This game is subject to blackout restrictions in your area."

hmm this makes no sense as no one in Hawaii is going to go to that game in Calgary!

Is this some bug in the system or do they really black out games in Hawaii...?

What else could be wrong? 

johnbent
I plan to stick around

You missed one heck of a game... wait till morning to watch.... I think you should check location services on your device... could it think you were still in your home area?     I'm not sure  but when I run out of all options... I open KODI and find the game I want to watch.. 99.9 % it works great.... the kodi app I think was called prosports.

good luck 

vgodin72
I've been here awhile

Two days ago, on Thurs Oct 20, I went to the Rogers Game Center site on my PC to watch the Leafs game. It said the game was unavailable, due to being blacked out. I live in NB, so I am not in the Leafs market. Also, the game was not being televised nationally. (It was only being shown in-market on TSN4.)

So from what I understand, I should have been able to see the game. I never had any problem with Thurs night games last year. Has something changed? Am I going to be blacked out from all Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri Leafs games this year?

Hello, @vgodin72

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. The leafs game should have been available to you since you are in NB. We can have a ticket created for you to fix the issue, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps when you are online. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I'm also in N.B., trying to watch tonight's Leafs game and being told it's blacked out. This seems to only occur for games on TSN. Sportsnet broadcasts always seem to work fine.

Wayne

Gbbbbbb
I've been around

Too many blacked out games. Will never purchase Rogers game centre again.   

Robbie14
I've been around

I am a Shaw Internet subscriber in Kelowna, BC, and also subscribe to Rogers NHL GameCentre Live.  I haven't had problems until relatively recently (last 2 weeks?).  I was blacked out of a HNIC late game from Edmonton, even though it's a national broadcast and was also listed as a FREE game.  

I contacted the GCL chat line, and was told that my IP address was reported as being in Calgary and that it was my internet provider's problem.  I contacted Shaw and they concurred with GCL as to the actual IP address, but that that in itself wouldn't geolocate me as living in Calgary.  It's simply the address that my modem is identified with externally.

Question 1: How does GCL geolocate subscribers? I can't change my IP address.

Question 2: Why is this even an issue for a national game?

Question 3: What does FREE game mean?

BART771
I've been around
Why are Toronto games blacked out in Ottawa?

KemptvilleLeafs
I've been around
Question. I live just south of Ottawa. I get Montreal and Ottawa games on TV. I am a huge Leaf fan and one reason why I have a cell with Rogers is so I can get Leaf games. However, often when I try to watch games on game centre it says it is blacked out. If I don't live in the region, why would this be?

milsomgreg
I've been here awhile

. 2017 playoffs are BLACKED OUT for customers in the USA (at least Florida) Rogers advertises NO PLAYOFFS ARE BLACKED OUT but I cannot get ANY Canadian team games here in florida on either my computer or Roku using Game Centre Live. PLease correct your advertising