Apple TV: "an error occurred loading this content"?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Apple TV: "an error occurred loading this content"?

Anyone else seeing this? 

Apple TV 3 (1080p) running latest software.

For the most part GameCenter works (the occasional stuttering and lack of HD aside), but the real pain is that sometimes it will randomly stop working with "an error occurred loading this content".

Restarting the game instantly resumes playback - suggestng it wasn't a congestion error that caused the load to fail. 

Apple TV 3. 

Connected via either Ethernet or Wi-Fi.

No problems with ANY other content (Netflix, etc). 

Hybrid Fibre 60 service.

Speed and ping tests when the error occurs shows almost 100Mbps with speed boost and no ping jitter. 

Looks totally like the GameCenter servers just crap out for a second.

***Edited Labels.***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple TV: "an error occurred loading this content"?

Exact same thing here on my 150/15, my wife is streaming from Netflix and both kids are on YouTube, none of them are having problems but I'm getting constant stuttering as it shifts back and forth between HD and SD. I've noticed the "error loading content..." Tends to happen right after it bumps down to SD.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, exactly.

I'll be watching in perfectly smooth, sharp HD.

All of a sudden it'll snap very quickly to SD for a second or so. Then "error loading content". 

This hasn't happened in previous years with GameCenter. Definitely an issue post "Rogers" era. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Yep, ditto. Seems to happen even more frequently with the Canucks home feed (ie. I get the error every 3 minutes or so - I'm unfortunately not kidding). If I choose the 'other' team feed, I can usually watch a good chunk of hockey before it dies out.
C'mon Rogers get your act together would ya, it's your broadcast for crips sake!

I Plan to Stick Around

Out of curiosity, what kind of router are you using?

I've Been Here Awhile

In my case its a pfsense 2.2 box running on an Atom D2500.