cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyplace TV on Android

haterhate
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I just installed the Anyplace android ap on my Android TV box. The program installed correctly and it accepted my credentials, but it seems to be stuck on a series of 4 "Welcome" screens that I can swipe showing skins and features. There is no button to continue, no swipe to anything else. My internet is hardwired to the box and is a Rogers connection.

The problem lies somewhere in getting rid of these "Welcome" screens.

Thanks for the welcome, but I'd like to get on with it.

Any advice is "welcome" though...

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anyplace TV on Android

AnyPlace will not work on an Android box. See the following link and the posts that follow (post 95, 99, etc):

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-Anyplace-TV/m-p/408782#M44273

Unfortunately, the link in post 95 to the AnyPlace FAQs no longer works. I contacted Rogers about this and they say the FAQs are now available once you login to Anyplace, which is a bit "late" for most people and it's only available via Chrome.  I haven't confirmed this since I haven't bothered with Chrome yet - the only browser that works with Anyplace at this time!!!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Lurker
I'm a senior advisor

Forgive the silly question, but are you a Rogers cable subscriber?

Yes

AnyPlace will not work on an Android box. See the following link and the posts that follow (post 95, 99, etc):

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-Anyplace-TV/m-p/408782#M44273

Unfortunately, the link in post 95 to the AnyPlace FAQs no longer works. I contacted Rogers about this and they say the FAQs are now available once you login to Anyplace, which is a bit "late" for most people and it's only available via Chrome.  I haven't confirmed this since I haven't bothered with Chrome yet - the only browser that works with Anyplace at this time!!!

timemrich
I've been around

Using RAP Rogers Anyplace TV on Android

I'm having issues playing content from the RAP TV app on my Android 6.0.1 box.
No content will play, after selecting content, live tv or on demand, waiting for about 15 minutes, I get the error saying Rogers Anyplace TV is not available in your country. Which is odd because I'm wire networked to my Rogers modem at home...

I tried using a browser, Chrome, Edge, Firefox... All of them say they're unsupported when I load https://rogersanyplacetv.com.
What browsers are supported? It says Chrome and Edge are, but what gives? Not on Android?

Please help.

Lurker
I'm a senior advisor
Once again, you cannot use Anyplace TV on any kind of android box.

The App cannot be used to replace a cable box.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@timemrich : Please see the following FAQ regarding Anyplace:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

The second bullet describes what is necessary.  See also the post above yours (your post was probably moved to this thread).

turkk
I plan to stick around

Anyplace tv on android box with 6.0 . Setting location to higher accuracy

Ho.w do I set location to higher accuracy?

No channels come in presently and a message came up saying to set at higher accuracy. I get the channel list but no video ever appears

PoorCentaur
I've been around

@haterhate wrote:

Hi,walgreenslistens

I just installed the Anyplace android ap on my Android TV box. The program installed correctly and it accepted my credentials, but it seems to be stuck on a series of 4 "Welcome" screens that I can swipe showing skins and features. There is no button to continue, no swipe to anything else. My internet is hardwired to the box and is a Rogers connection.

The problem lies somewhere in getting rid of these "Welcome" screens.

Thanks for the welcome, but I'd like to get on with it.

Any advice is "welcome" though...

***Edited labels***

Thanks for the information.

Ctc1
I've been around

I am trying to use the rogers anywhere tv app on my android box.  I am able to download the latest version and have no problem logging in.  However when I go to watch anything a pop up comes and say "Where are you? Please turn on your location services"  At the bottom it says Allow or Deny.  I click allow and a pop up comes up to set my location services, which are always on.  The location services are also on in the app permissions in settings.  Why will the app not work even though location services is turned on or why does it not work with them off?  Why do you need to know my location?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ctc1 : Your post was probably moved to this existing thread on the topic. As discussed earlier in this thread and as outlined below, you can't use Anyplace on an Android box. See the following overview, pulldown 2.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-overview

You’ll need:

• A Rogers Digital TV package subscription.
  • A Rogers SD, HD, or 4K digital box that you rent or own (digital adapters are not supported).
  • An active internet or wireless data connection.
  • A computer with an up-to-date browser to access Anyplace TV online, or a smartphone/tablet running iOS or Android to use the Anyplace TV app.
    • Supported browsers: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, IE 11
  • A MyRogers profile, with your Rogers Digital TV account linked to it.

PS.  It needs your location because it can only be used in Canada (copyrights, etc).

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 in conversation