cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyplace TV Sign In Problem

Melodialworks
I've Been Around

Anyplace TV works properly on my computer.

However, not so on my iPad (which is the device I really want to use for this service).

When I attempt to sign in on the iPad (using the Rogers Anyplace TV app) I get the following message:

"We're Sorry
Video on the tablet app is currently available to Rogers cable TV, internet, home phone or wireless customers on a monthly plan only.

You can continue to watch TV shows, movies and more on your PC or laptop, online at www.rogersanyplacetv.com"

However, I AM a Rogers customer, for both cable TV and Internet.

I would appreciate any help with this issue.

Lawrence

***Edited labels***

52 REPLIES 52

Re: Anyplace TV Sign In Problem

RogersRavi
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Have you cheked the FAQ's to see if that helps

http://www.rogersondemand.com/help/faq?selected=1

tomszabo
I've Been Around

Hi

Just spent 35 minutes on the phone with Customer Support. You cant sign up for Anyplace TV if you live in western Canada. Not availabe. It would help if the App said this on its front page!

You would think with all this so called technology that Rogers would be able to differentiate the locations of there customers using our area codes. Then let the ineligible account holders know that they can not receive certain services in the area that they live. It would lessen the frustrations that arise from sitting on hold waiting for tech support to tell us that we can't have these features.

Well, the WEBSITE here at rogers does that, if you choose your province, it selects what services you can and cant get.

For apps, might be a little more difficult... most apps are handled, through Apple, or google.  Yes rogers is the one that creates the app, but i dont think either of them, has a way on their site, to differentiate on those sorts of criteria (i know they can do it via OS, IE: this app wont work on your OS/Device).

Now, roger COULD at least build this into their App, that maybe it looks up your account info when trying to log in, and says HEY, you dont live in the right area, and pop up a message like that.  ALso put a disclaimer on the text of the app pages as well.

pinetree
I've Been Around

I also have this problem with my iPad.  And I live in Toronto!  What an annoying experience.

Cap07
I'm a Reliable Contributor
You'd think Rogers would always be looking for ways to reduce the workload on their CSRs in India and make service less stressful for the people paying the bills and looking over their shoulders at the competition, namely us.

Cap07
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@pinetree wrote:

I also have this problem with my iPad.  And I live in Toronto!  What an annoying experience.

Are you guys looking at this as a way of avoiding TV bills altogether, or just another more mobile way to watch TV programmes? I have a Galaxy Tab so I may be looking into this as well. Maybe less money on TV in future and more on internet or the other way round.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While not on the ipad (which i beleive works slightly differently), i have to be on celular to start, for it to verify im on rogers, then can switch to wifi... it then allows me to log in.

The android one, i have only used once, but goes just off login i beleive.

Now, my understanding is, that anyone can create a login, and use the anyplace TV, regarless of being a rogers customer.  BUT.. your listing of what can be watched, will be very limited station wise.  Not everything is on there, its only the Rogers On Demand stuff, and without being a rogers tv customer, you get the basics there. 
If you have the TV and more channels, you can get access to more through the app as well.

chriscole
I've Been Around

Just downloaded the app on my Xox 360. When I went to www.rogersanyplacetv.com there was nowhere to sign in to create an account, but all the content was there. Ok, fine, but I'd like to use the app I just downloaded. After some more searching, I found www.rogersanyplacetvinfo.com where I now had the option to sign up. When I typed in my email address the sign up process ended because it's already linked to my MyRogers account. Fair enough. PROBLEM IS when I type in my Rogers acct information in the Xbox 360 app it tells me that I need to go to RogersANyplaceTv.com and sign in using my name and password and create my profile, BUT THERE IS NOWHERE TO SIGN IN AND CREATE A PROFILE

VERY CONFUSING AND VERY ANNOYING

ROGERS IN A NUTSHELL

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Last I used it on my 360, the login there was via email for login name, the one associated with your myrogers, then your same pw.

Jennnnnnn9475
I Plan to Stick Around
Doesn't update shows at all, if it even allows you to log in. Still showing things that were deleted in march on there. Tried uninstalling/signing out/restarting and nothing works. In Ontario. Tried customer support getting transferred around for an hour because no one knew anything. Gave up on that. Checked the app reviews in the App Store, they are horrible! Rogers won't fix the darn thing and it doesn't work at all.

The showing old stuff.. is a MAJOR known bug in it..has done it since it came out 😞

But mine is showing up to date stuff otherwise on it.

Tricky
I've Been Around
The ineptitude of Rogers IT is staggering. I am pretty sure i could find some high school students who could write a better app than what rogers has put out with Anyplace. How is "login" not your first usecase??? You'd think they would get that part rock solid before moving to the next usecase, "Watch TV". Holy crap if they at least got these two things right, i wouldn't be writing this post, but alas, here i waste my time posting to a company that, no doubt, could care less.

nunner
I Plan to Stick Around
Anyplace tv app on my phone wont let me plug my phone into my tv? Why?

kathleen60
I've Been Around

So much for the New and Improved Anyplace tv sign in. Until then I was able to watch it on my laptop. Now it asks for the Myrogers sign in info but then it can't process it. So now I am unable to watch Anyplace TV on my laptop. I have always loved rogers and their service but seems things are going down hill over the last year or so. Time to look elsewhere for my services. 

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

There have been occasional issues arising with the MyRogers login which is now single signin across almost all products.  Here on the forums many of us are getting authentication errors, others have reported it in MyRogers.

My suggestion would be to delete the Rogers cache information and clear any saved login history from the manage saved passwords in Chrome if you use those features and see if that helps.

Otherwise, contact Rogers tech support so that they are aware that it is happening to you and they have an additional record of potential issues with this new implementation.

I was advised when I reported my own concerns to a member of management team on tech side that they don't really look closely at any of the social media issues unless it is reported to them by moderators.

I find this way, I know that there is a record.  Get a ticket if they can't resolve it.

Good luck Bruce

papples235
I've Been Around

Error validating credentials please login again!                                 Keeps  showing up when I try to login to Anyplace Tv on my comp.. It worked before they IMPROVED it and when I contacted them they could not resolve it and said they would have to go higher... Then I got email asking about problems I had with TV... I don't have problems with TV.. Just sign in for Anyplace TV.. Why does this not work now.. I can still get into my rogers account

AaronMT
I Plan to Stick Around

Sign in to Anyplace TV via browser, iPhone, iPad have not been working for the past several hours. Is there any ETA of when the site issues will be resolved? Where can we follow status when the site is having issues?

I am in the port credit / Lorne Park section of lakeshore, Mississauga, ON and Anyplace TV won't let me in. It's just sitting there without logging me in. I am on Chrome (checked that it's the latest). If I press the SignIn a second time it says "Error validating credentials please login again!" I have restarted my browser a couple times and validated that I can get into the rogers.com site with the same credentials.  Tried going directly from the rogers.com site. Not sure what else is going on unless it's an issue on the Rogers side. (I really wish they'd use a pure HTML5 app and some SSO where I don't have to log in everywhere like OAuth or even SAML).

nl2
I Plan to Stick Around

When I browse to rogersanyplacetv.com, I am greeted with Sorry, this browser is not supported. What gives?

Google Chrome
Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats