Anyplace TV Rejected URL Error

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Anyplace TV Rejected URL Error

Roger Anyplace TV (site / app) is no longer working after replacement of fibre line as of 2 Apr 2020 (system outage).

Any more carrytel customers have the same issues ?

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Please check and be advised

Your support ID is: 16871454812227384830.
Highlighted

Greetings Community!

If you are with a third-party ISP, you will have to reach out to your provider for support. I was unable to reproduce this issue from here.

We can only offer direct assistance to Rogers customers on these forums. Should you be unable to access any website, it is the responsibility of your ISP to work on your behalf to resolve it.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I already called Carrytel (ISP) yesterday. Technician said they didn’t block it. It is a Rogers issue.

Can you confirm Roger Anyplace TV (site/app) doesn’t block any third party ISP internet connection ? (Eg CarryTel) ? If yes, I will do a follow up with them. We need to know the answer first.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi.  I have this issue as well on my Lenovo ThinkPad...back in Sept/Oct 2019 I used to be able to access anyplace tv and now I have tried and I get the rejected URL error.  I have tried this at home and I have tried this at my cottage and get the error at both locations.  However, I have tried to access on my Mac and it works.  So this makes me think its a PC/laptop issue and not a rogers issue, thoughts?

Highlighted

Hello @Cbeaupre,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers Community Forums, we appreciate your participation! 

It's strange that your Anyplace TV access stopped working all of a sudden! From your explanation, it does sound like it may be device-specific. What troubleshooting steps have you already tried? Which web browser(s) are you using to try and access Anyplace TV via your Lenovo device?

I would recommend trying Google Chrome, and you may even want to try it while incognito. You may also want to try clearing your cache on your web browser to see if this helps.

We look forward to your response! 😊

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Roger's Any Place TV app / site is still not working.

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 16871454812520858345

Did a follow up with CarryTel with no feedback yet. Why Rogers block carrytel IP ?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the rogers anyplace url works for me,I can access the web page correctly, but I'm not a TV customer so I cant actually login but getting to the actual URL works for me.

Why are CarryTel customers posting their problems to Rogers community forums? Shouldn't they be contacting CaryTel Community Forums or CarryTel Technical Support instead?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Same here. CarryTel customer with blocked access to Rogers Anytime TV.

CarryTel effectively resells Rogers internet service. So, we are really indirect customers of Rogers. Plus we pay for Anytime TV as part of the cable service.

Please have this raised to your technical team.

PS: Incognito mode, restarting PC, trying Chrome, plugging/unplugging modem, checking cables, and other generic support solutions did not work.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well sorry to be quite Frank but CarryTel is your ISP NOT Rogers, it does not matter who they buy it from, the company YOU pay for is the one who provides technical support for your connection issues.

Carry Tell obviously has an issue on their end with this site as its on their end, since Rogers customers arent experiencing this, so please reach out to Carry Tel ISP to resolve this issue, even better, the MORE people who complain to Carry Tel, the chances are better of them fixing this.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your 2 cents. Are you able to be more specific about what I need to request from CarryTel? Is there a specific IP address that is blocked?

Just don't want to be ping-ponged between the two support teams.