Anyplace TV Rejected URL Error

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyplace TV Rejected URL Error

I've recently run into an issue when trying to access the Rogers Anyplace TV site. At first I was able to get to the login page however it would tell me I'm not connected to the Internet. Refreshing the page would bring up an error page that said "the requested url was rejected. Please contact your administrator."

Every device on my network in any browser encounters this same error. When I try accessing it on my mobile data connection it works fine.

The app has the same issue. It will tell me I'm not connected to the Internet when trying to open it. Switch to data and it works fine. Trying to activate wifi after with the app open brings up an error message saying the maximum number of devices is already streaming content (1554).

What has happened to cause this?
Highlighted

Re: Anyplace TV Rejected URL Error

Good evening @TOplnsptt,

Thanks for joining the Rogers Community! We certainly want to help you resolve the issue you're experiencing with Rogers Anyplace TV.

To start, please tell us about the troubleshooting steps you have gone through so far. Have you tried clearing your app/browser cache?

Let us know!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I've tried clearing cache etc. I've reset my modem/router multiple times.

As I said this happens on every device/browser, unless I'm using my mobile data.

Highlighted

Hi @TOplnspttr,

Thank you for the information. When was the last time you were able to access the Rogers Anyplace TV via the app or the browser? Have you made any recent changes to the TV service that may be causing a conflict with access to Rogers Anyplace TV? 

I would recommend you to try your login credentials at a secondary location to confirm this issue is restricted just to your home.

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Sorry to reopen this thread.  I have a similar problem and I have tried the steps (reset cache and reset router etc) above and the following still returns:

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 16871454812212369274

I am with Carrytel, and not sure if it has to do with the outage issue from yesterday (Rogers fiberline was replaced).  Kindly advise.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Same issue.

I am with carrytel. Anyone can help?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem.  I get this error when I go to www.rogersanyplacetv.com: "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.  Your support ID is: 16871454812238349048".  When I try the app, the error message says "Something went wrong. Please try restarting the app or try again later".

I am also on Carrytel.  The website www.rogersanyplacetv.com stopped working on April 1 2020 at around 9:30am, which was exactly the same time when Carrytel internet went down due to the optical fibre break  (https://twitter.com/CarryTelecom/status/1245413110007189505?s=20).  Ever since the fibre was repaired and internet restored on April 2 at 1:23am, I get the URL rejected error.

I have tried to connect the Rogers Hitron modem directly to my laptop (bypassing my router) and I still have the same error.

I tried using 2 other laptop computers, and still the same error.

I tried using my Rogers phone as a Hotspot for wifi, and I then finally I am able to access www.rogersanyplacetv.com from my laptop (probably because it's a different IP address).

I tried using my work VPN to access www.rogersanyplacetv.com, and I am also able to access the site (also because it's a different IP address).

I messaged Carrytel on Twitter and they said that it looks like Rogers is blocking Carrytel IP addresses.  Rogers, can you please fix this?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

BTW, I have also done the clear cache/cookies, and reset router. Didn't work.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I called Carrytel yesterday. Rep said they did not block it. It is a Roger's issues.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dunno man. I'm on Roger's ignite broadband internet and that URL works fine for me no error.