Accessing myRogers Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Accessing myRogers Account

@OLDYELLR You are absolutely right on the fact that Rogers should be able to design the online access as easy as a paper bill, and I would say that in the past it was there.

They claim it was because they listened, and that customers had complained that their bills were too long, and too confusing to understand all their details and changes and charges on their bills.

I would suggest that Rogers does not listen at all (that is marketing phrase).  When we call in, they listen, then tell us that is the way it is, sorry for the inconvenience, can't change it, oh I am sorry, guess the previous rep didn't understand that can't be done, so I will give you the option of cancelling service if you don't like it, choose a different one (which by the way will be more expensive, or less services than you had before you talked to us and we "listened"), or maybe we can reduce the inconvience of our incompetence because we change our plans and directions so often that it is no wonder you can't fully understand it, our reps can't understand it fully either.  Or you got a rep that really did understand, and then the next person in the chain messes it all up.

In my experience, I understood my bill as much in the old format than the new one (that is when I can get at the new one, and it isn't late).  The most common issue in reading these forums, and my own experience is not that we don't understand the bill, or how changes occurred, it is that we didn't get the services and costing that was told to us in the phone call or online interaction to buy or change services.  The new bill has not changed the rate of those problems.

So listen to me when I say, they told me I was getting this, this, and this, and I only agreed to listen to your presentation because you told me that you could get me a better priced deal based upon my historical use of services, and low and behold, I didn't get the services you said I would get and it is a different price (I have never had it be a lower price than originally told, always more).  Then you listen as I try to understand how an error like this happened and yes it may have been my error in understanding. 

How about rather than sending an email of confirmation oending change and give us 5 days to contact you and accept it (so much for them saying that they can't send emails for security - they do it all the time with our confirmations of change, notifications on tickets in process, and others.  Just selective in sending it to us.  You can always xxx out the full account and identifying information as they do in the confirmations.  So selectively you choose what you will send via email - you confirmed my email when I called, it is in your system, so it is going to end up in the wrong hands, (how)?  Yeh, I know, hacking, etc and maybe someone has used my computer (so I put a password on the computer).

So the issue in my point of view is that Rogers does not really listen - they were ordered by the CRTC to make the bills easier to read and simplified and shorter, so they took the details away first - they did listen on that one after many of us roared - the language used in the marketing is almost identical to what the CRTC ordered.  And it was a tight guideline, so they pushed forward and squeezed the time on programming and while they were at it neglected to deal with maintaining the existing systems and updating old standards as one browser after another failed on various apps, not because of the browser, but because they had not adjusted to the changing levels of security being imposed by the leading browser companies and associated security companies for our protection and the protection of companies.

Kind of like the old skeleton key on a door - the industry moved to tumbler locks for greater security, imagine if a company said, nope, we are not changing, just because someone else has said it is more secure than my old practice - I will get around to it when I have to.  In the example of Rogers, the only program they have moved to current standards that I am aware of is MYROGERS on HTML, but they have left old coding practices lingering there, forgotten about zooming for visual impairments (but in researching, the industry in trying to design what is known as responsive web design in order to have the same look and feel on all devices of all resolutions and size has forgotten the user experience of zooming.  But even in Navigtr, their programmers didn't think about fonts either.

So in summary, yes it should be just as easy, but he and I did a side by side comparison (he has the same services I do and only one cell phone), and he had won hands down first off that he had the bill in his hands in seconds as he opened the envelope and unfolled it, and then he looked at them page by page (that did take more time than I did as I could scroll, once I opened the PDF (keep in mind I can do that on only a destop or laptop), But in general, he was able to find and deal with everything, and then I watched him as he took his bill and called in to review his services, get a tech problem fixed that was an easy fix, and he went to each itemized section of his services, and wrote down on a piece of paper beside it, each of the recommended changes, costs, term, cancellation fees (he read the sections of the terms and ask for any differences in those), basically created his own confirmation of change, had the person build a quote and read it back to him, ask him to identify all changes in the old versus the new, then said, I will think over it and call back tomorrow.

I learned that he did have to discuss a bit why when the person went to implement the quote, things seemed different - it was because the rep was using new terms, where as the first rep had kept the language in the terms and phrases that my brother new from the old bill.  And then my brother wrote down the translations of old to new terms, stapled it all together and put in his file cabinent (right beside his phone  - he has an office space, put in his paper datebook the result of the discussions, ID numbers and then filed in a file folder called (changes) in the Rogers overall file - one section is by month, the changes are by month with the Interaction number on the top of the file.  He said if he has to call back, he has the whole documented call and results in his hands and ready to go in seconds.  Extremely efficient.

I could be as efficient on my computer, as I do the same practices there, but the reality is that the biggest and most important problem that people said was understanding changes on their bills, and spurious charges, the new bill doesn't deal with this, other than making some if it easier to see the error we believe has occurred.  I am sure that because the reps can see the same bill, that is easier, but we can't see their documentation, so we are still left in he said, she said.

So listen - sort of - kind of selective hearing - and yes, much work has been made on trying to make things clearer, to have reps be more educated, to be responsive caring listeners during the interaction, but where they are failing woefully is in the programming and implementation side of so many things.

No matter how well a car dealer communicates the price, deals, interest rates, small print, etc on my new car, if it doesn't work, or isn't ready on pickup, or is unpredictable, you have a disatisfied customer.

This is how Rogers is working now - trying to listen, trying to implement it, but blowing it on putting a reliable product out on delivery.

And life goes on.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I cannot login to MyRogers Account for almost over a month, I tried all browsers and iphone app. Every time I got this following message

Looks like you’re trying to access your services through MyRogers. We apologize, unfortunately the information you’re looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later and thank you for your patience!

Any help will be appriciated.

I've Been Here Awhile

I can see my current balance but not when that balance is due and when I click on view bill it will only bring up last bill from December it won't let me see the other person I added to my phone's part of the bill why why why
I've Been Here Awhile

We know how it works but mine shows my balanced but not due date
I'm a Senior Advisor

@christiebartlet The only bill I see is my cable bill because I have a PayGo phone. It does not say "due date", but when I open a bill, say my Dec 15 bill, it says "Debited from your account on or after January 1, 2016" and "Invoice Date: Dec 15, 2015" at the top.  So Jan 1 would have been the due date.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

I've been trying to access my Online Rogers Account to pay my bill and it's not allowing me . It's telling me I'm not set up , but also when I try to link my account it's saying my account is already accurate with my email which I already signed into ... Help pls ?! To

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello Tesha,

Welcome to the Community.

I will have @CommunityHelps contact you via private message. Please check your messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Regards,

RogersCilio

I've Been Around

I need to put a moving order in
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Hi @Marley94

Welcome to the Community!Smiley Happy

I'm going to reach out to you from @CommunityHelps in a Private Message. Please check your messages via the envelope icon once you click on your avatar, which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums. You can also click here to access your inbox. 

To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

Thanks, 

RogersArthur

I've Been Around

I cannot see the content in MyRogers after login, dancing icon only... tried different browsers... I want to know what is wrong and which setting causing this browser mis-behavior... I would like RogersAnyone contact me through private messaging as well... Thanks.