cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10 with sierra rocketstick

crisco111
I'm here a lot

I have been using the Rocketstick with Windows Vista but have had to upgrade to a new computer with Windows 10.  Now the Rocketstick automatically installs, but when I try to use it, nothing happens.  The lights are on on the Stick, but on the Connection Manager, nothing happens at all.  Suggestions???

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: windows 10 with sierra rocketstick

Solved --  after i called Rogers tech support again.  This time I got a person who walked through things with me.  It still didn't work, and he was stumped.   I mentioned that it was sitting in 'installation' mode according to the device manager -- it didn't move from there.  There was one other thing on the screen -- 'go to modem mode' -- so he suggested why not try that, since nothing worked anyway.  So I did -- it worked!  So what the heck is modem mode, and why would that work?  At least it does work now. 

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

RogersHassam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @crisco111,

Welcome to the Community! 

It sounds like you are having a driver issue as the Rocketstick is not being detected as a Wireless network device with Windows 10. Can you try uninstalling the drivers completely and re-install them? The light on the Rocketstick is probably on because the USB port is powering it. 

@Datalink@Gdkitty@Meowmix, any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

That would be my guess.. is the sierra sick.. maybe isnt supported under windows 10 😞

Do you have the exact model of it?

The blue lights both come on, on the stick, not just a power light.  On the screen, nothing comes up -- not even the red 'light' on the Connection Manager screen.  When I first plugged the stick in, it did all its installation -- lights flashing, etc -- and the icon is on the screen.  But I never get anything on the Manager screen to click on connect.  The stick still works perfectly fine on the old computer (Windows Vista).  I have managed to run it through a Cradlepoint router (hence I'm online right now) but it's slow and I'd rather be able to use the stick direct to the computer.

When its installed, does it show up in the Device Manager at all.  I'm assuming that Windows 10 still has a Device Manager?  I'm wondering as well if in fact its supported under Windows 10?  This is a Rogers product correct?  If so, the mods should be able to track down someone in the organization who knows if the drivers have been issued for Windows 10. 

crisco111
I'm here a lot
It's fine in device manager and says it's working fine. A bit tricky to check anything because I have to keep moving the stick to the computer and then back to the router!!

I was able to find an update on Netgear for the stick -- supposedly to upgrade for Windows 10.  Did that, and now I have a 'new and improved' connection manager (Aircard Watcher) .  Now it does recognize the stick, but gets to the initial screen (device in software installation mode) and never gets any further.  Further suggestions appreciated!

Hello @crisco111,

I can understand the connection manager is not working with Windows 10, but are you able to connect to the Internet? We don't have any updates yet regarding compatibility for the Connection Manager with Windows 10. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Solved --  after i called Rogers tech support again.  This time I got a person who walked through things with me.  It still didn't work, and he was stumped.   I mentioned that it was sitting in 'installation' mode according to the device manager -- it didn't move from there.  There was one other thing on the screen -- 'go to modem mode' -- so he suggested why not try that, since nothing worked anyway.  So I did -- it worked!  So what the heck is modem mode, and why would that work?  At least it does work now. 

maggy4
I've been around

Mine won't even detect the rocket stick.   Anyone have that problem?

sgee
I've been around

Works fine on my Surface Pro 4.  I did have to switch it to modem mode as well at one point.  It did recognize it when I plugged it into usb. 

robsingss
I've been around

Yes. I have the same problem with my Sierrawireless Rocket stick. Rogers Connection Manager says 'No device detected'. I cannot get my Rocket stick to work.

Being not too tech savy but willing to try - a few years ago I had tons of trouble when downloading windows 10 but I kept trying and got it working to a degree but now am stumped with the usage  which the task manager indicates primarily sthg called uninstalled processes is using 2/3 of my Gb - I want to use less than 10 gb but am going up to 18 the past few months - I am a nervous wreck trying to talk to help on chat lines and telephone lines and being passed from one area of help to another --- 

Hello and welcome to the Community @Cathy2 Robot Happy!

In order to assist you further, I just wanted to clarify a few things. Are you concerned about going over the data included in your plan? If yes? Then you can monitor it on MyRogers to ensure you're not going over. It'll definitely put your mind at ease.  In addition, have you noticed a steady increase in usage or is this a sudden spike?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

RogersZia

The usage on my account has not worked for quite a while I have talked to a lot of ppl get some answers that it is being worked on sigh

Cathy2
I'm here a lot

just want to share that I had all kinds of trouble when windows 10 installed with Sierra Rocket stick I had used with windows 8 .. got it working but about a year or so into usage, my usage went crazy up - noticed in task manager an item called "uninstalled processes" was using up an almost equal amount of gb as my explore browser - changed to the Rocket Hub and after a lot of miscommunincations, am set up with rocket hubs $60 plan (rates go up with usage) Still get a small amount of "uninstalled processes" but not 6 or 8 gb of them.... strange and scammy or fraudulent???

Hello @Cathy2,

The uninstalled processes are more a Windows issue. 

Perhaps one of our Resident Experts can shed more light on this. @Gdkitty @Datalink.

RogersZia

That as it is- whyever I was using" uninstalled processes"  to the tune or about 7-8 GB at $10 or later as I switched plans $5 a gb... problem seems to have gone with use of new rocket hub with $60 start for 5 gb..

Cathy

@Cathy2, if that process is still running, consider loading Microsoft's Process Explorer to track down the application that is using the process in question.  If you can track down the application, then perhaps you can uninstall it, if in fact its no longer applicable.  Here's the link to Process Explorer, which is actually one part of Microsoft's Sysinternals applications:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Download the zipped file, extract it to a folder of your choice and click or select either the procexp.exe or procext64.exe to run the application.  Hopefully the process that you see running in the task manager is a singular process that shows up in the Process Explorer as well, allowing you to determine its parent application.  From there you will have to decide to delete the entire application or not. 

Topic Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 in conversation