iPhone hotspot vs. Rocket stick?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

iPhone hotspot vs. Rocket stick?

Going up to the cottage where we have good mobile reception.  My current mobile data plan is only 1G however.  I'll be using the Internet for a few hours a day for work (mostly viewing emails but some downloading/uploading of graphic files, documents, etc. Files can be anywhere from a few kb to 10+mb)

A few questions, for you knowledgeable folks 🙂

- Would using iPhone as hotspot be insufficient in this case? 

- Regardless, is there a cost to me (aside from using up my data) to using mobile hotspot?

- Would getting a rocket stick be a better option? 

- If so, is it possible to 'rent' a stick for a short time, or do I need to sign up long term?

...it's a one-week vacation...

I should mention that I have the option of getting a 5GB modem for the week for $100 - perhaps this is the best way to go...

Thank you!

Nanci

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iPhone hotspot vs. Rocket stick?

There should be no problem using the phone as a hotspot... just need to make sure that it has it enabled on the account.. but shouldnt cost more with any othre plans.

A rocket stick, is always the FASTEST per say.. your not adding that point inbetween.. its cellular to the PC... vs Cellular to WiFi to PC.  But your not likely getting high enough speeds to really worry about it depending on where you are.

If you buy the stick outright, there is no contract, etc.. you can drop it at any time.. but could be set up fees each time you would want to re enable it.

All in all, syncing to your phone might be the best.. and just pay overages, etc if they occur.

(just test it before you go 🙂 )

I'm Here A Lot

Re: iPhone hotspot vs. Rocket stick?

Thanks! Just what I needed to know, most appreciated!

- Nanci

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 in conversation