cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE Rocket Hub Admin Hangs

rkw
I've been here awhile

Whenever I try to make admin changes to my RocketHub, for example, upgrade the firmware, change some WIFI settings such as the password, the admin interface hangs. I can't even get to the Advanced page for firmware.

I still have internet, so I am properly connected to the router.

If I look at the Chrome console, it appears to be looping, there is a continuous stream of logs with the same javascript error. I suspect there is a bug in the admin interface. I can't upgrade the firmware before it hangs.

I called Rogers and they want me to go back to the store and exchange it, but, I just bought it a year ago and I suspect there is no hardware problem. 

Anybody have suggestions. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: ZTE Rocket Hub Admin Hangs

RogersCorey

Greetings @rkw!

Are you attempting to update it with custom firmware? If so, please understand that we do not officially support updating the hub with custom firmware.

In a situation such as this, I would recommend swapping the device if a factory reset does not resolve the issue you're currently experiencing.

Regards,

RogersCorey

rkw
I've been here awhile

No. I just want to get to the latest. That's what the support person was trying to do with me. The support person said this won't be swapped for free.

Understood, thank you for clarifying @rkw!

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation