cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MF275R quit working, tried everything, rest, remove/replace sim and battery/power etc

fasted
I've been around

My ZTE MF275R quit on thurs eve, whn you power it on, the power ac light is on, and you hold the rear button for a few seconds, then the wifi light comes on....thats it....they stay on for about 15-20 seconds, then it goes black. will not restart again unless you remove batt and power cord, then reconnect, it will do the same thing again after reconnect. I have tried removing/replace sim card and also reset button, both several times, same results....left it unplugged/no battery overnight, same thing....plugged in cat 5 cable to my laptop from ZTE and cannot bring up the settings page ....HELP...I live in rural area and rely on this for online biz....am back to using my sierra wireless rocket stick for limited internet access.....Anyone in MB have another zte hub for sale?

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ZTE MF275R quit working, tried everything, rest, remove/replace sim and battery/power etc

RogersMoin

Hello, @fasted.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you have performed to diagnose the issue. It looks like a hardware failure as you have concluded. 

The Community is not the appropriate platform for finding a hub on sale; you may want to search the local classifieds. 

We have recently made ZTE MF279T Rocket Hub available to our mobile Internet customers. If you are interested, you can check the blog for more details. 

All the best in finding the hub replacement. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Re: ZTE MF275R quit working, tried everything, rest, remove/replace sim and battery/power etc

EhmTeeEhf
I'm a reliable contributor

Ya as the moderators said, its not the place. Also the MF275R was discontinued so you would only be able to get one through 3rd party or used channels. 

As for the MF279T it doesn't have external antennas, so if you live in a rural area, know that you would need to get an external antenna for it. It does have internal antennas, but the range is limited.

Just an FYI

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation