cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MF275R Rocket Hub doesn't list wired devices

gdmaclew
I plan to stick around

Does anyone know why my Rocket Hub only lists the WiFi devices and not the wired devices I have on my network,

I have 4 wireless devices and 3 wired devices (plus my main desktop) and if I log onto the router (in admin mode) only the wireless devices are listed.

I can ping all devices from my laptop (wireless) and can ping all devices from my main desktop PC (wired).

I can send files from my laptop to my desktop and vice versa.

The Rocket Hub is attached to a Netgear  unmanaged  switch which connects all my wired devices together.

Can someone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Doug

***Edited Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: ZTE MF275R Rocket Hub doesn't list wired devices

RogersZia

Hello @gdmaclew,

Thank you for explaining the set up in detail, my guess is the reason why you're not able to view the wired devices on your network is because the wired connections are going through a network switch. Basically the rocket hub will be able to see the switch connected, but it won't be able to see any devices on it. Because the switch is unmanaged, it doesn't broadcast the IP. This is likely due to a software limitation in the ZTE software.

I'll tag @Datalink @Gdkitty @gp-se for their insight. I'm sure they would be able to shed more light on why this is happening  🙂.

RogersZia

Re: ZTE MF275R Rocket Hub doesn't list wired devices

gdmaclew
I plan to stick around

Thank you Zia.

I appreciate the help.

Not a big problem, just curious.

Doug

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation