ZTE MF275 Firmware Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecl973
I've Been Around

Re: ZTE MF275 Firmware Update

I have the same issue with the Killer Wireless Card, its definitly the Killer Wireless n/a/ac 1535 network adapter. Had to plug a wireless router in the ZTE and connect to it.

fbird
I've Been Around

I also have had issues just this spring with the wireless connection not connecting and only way to get it back is to reboot the ZTE device.

When it happens the wifi will not connect on several devices, such as windows 10 (2 different systems) , Ipad air2, Iphone5s and |Moto G4 android etc.

I also am in a rural location and same issue has happened recently to our neighbor who has the same device (several hundred feet apart from us).

Only started happening this May so not sure if Rogers did a firmware update but I would think that is the issue.

Rogers  should look at these issues and see if there is any correlation to the issue.

Just saying as 34+ years as Computer Systems Eng when issue like this pop up all of a sudden you look for change logs as to what was recently changed. Then either roll back the change or apply an update to resolve the issue.

galnac
I've Been Around

It is a cheap piece of equipment and the manufacturer is shady. No firmware updates in several years and a very questionable track record. This equipment needs to be updated and changed, at no cost to the user, to a hub that is reliable  and which has router capabilities as advertised.  Your own technical staff has told me that this hub is not a router (or has no router capabilities. ie. change "DNS setting to a google server").  Download rates go from 10 to 400+KB/sec over short periods of time which would indicate bad to severe  haul back rates on your towers and is a severe example of fraudulent representation of performance with this equipment. 

JessiahM
I've Been Here Awhile

I am having connection issues with my ZTE MF275 and I when I check for updates in the admin panel it starts downloading one and then tells me it is updating. The problem is it fails every time. The hub seems to restart and disconnect during the update process, then when it connects again I am prompted to log in to the admin panel again, and I get an alert that the update failed.

I have connected the hub to my MacBook Pro via an ethernet cable. If you can't update this device with an ethernet cable, is it even possible to update at all? Does anyone know what the issue might be?

RogersJo

Hey @JessiahM

Welcome to our Community Forums and congratulations on your first post with us! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound. Technical issues are never fun and it's certainly imperative to ensure you stay connected at all times and have the latest software update for your device, especially during these times. Let's get this all ironed out for you. Have you by chance reached out to our Technical Support Department to address this issue yet? 

Regards, 

RogersJo

MapleBay
I'm Here A Lot

I am having this problem as well. I was using the google mesh routers connected to the MF275 via ethernet and having the devices connect to the google mesh network. Then one day it all started being a pain in the butt and started dropping connections, and really, really slowing down. The original MF275 router was so bad that I could not log into (or factory reset) the MF275 in the web admin. I gave up trying figure it out and bought another MF275. Now I can login to the webadmin page but it was still dropping connections and slowing down. (less than 1Mb/s normally it is 20 Mb/s). So next I replaced the Google mesh with a old linksys wrt1900ac I had laying around,, and a new Ethernet cable, same problem. I have 4 bars of LTE, so it is not the connection. This router is terrible, now I have two 😞

Honestly not sure what to do next.....

RogersHarry

Hello @MapleBay

Thanks for your post.

Technical issues can always be painful. Was this working optimally before a certain point? Have you spoken to our technical support team in regards to this? If not, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your information on our file and get started.

If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system please click here

Cheers

RogersHarry