cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MF275 Firmware Update

jonasbabrauskas
I'm here a lot

Hi

I was wondering where I can go to update the firmware on MF275. I have gone to ZTE's website and selected my model but no firmware or downloads are available. I have also done a google search to no avail. I have contacted rogers support and they suggested I post in this forum to receive an answer regarding this. I have tried doing a firmware check via the admin panel on the ZTE device but no luck. Can someone please let me know what the latest firmware version is and how to download it to update the device? I am having major issues with the wifi dropping off on this device when using it.

Thank you

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ZTE MF275 Firmware Update

Good morning @jonasbabrauskas,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thanks for reaching out to us today.

Unfortunately, we do not have any manual firmware updates for this hub as far as I'm aware. Any firmware updates we send to our equipment is done automatically.

I also cannot find any bridge mode related setting when I look through the documentation available for this device. 

Have you tried directly connecting to the hub with a Ethernet cable to see if your connection remains stable when under load? At this stage, I'd like to test out a direct connection if you haven't already so we can be certain that this is merely a WiFi issue and not some greater hardware or local tower issue. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

^ch

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

jonasbabrauskas
I'm here a lot

I was also wondering if it was possible to put this device into bridge mode so that it can be connected to a router as I am having issues with the wifi on this device constantly dropping under moderate load (uploading files to FTP). I have contacted your support but we could not come to a conclusion on this issue and he suggested I post in this forum.

Thank you

Firmware may not be user updatable on the device.. i know on the WIRED modems, its not.

As for your other issues.. i know SOME of them allowed to be in bridge mode.. not positive on that model though.

You may have another option though at least.. 
You could set up a 3rd party router, just as an access point. 

The ZTE would still handle all DHCP, etc.  But you would connect to the 3rd party router for wireless connectivity only.
There would be a few different ways of doing this, depending on what 3rd party router you were using.

Good morning @jonasbabrauskas,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thanks for reaching out to us today.

Unfortunately, we do not have any manual firmware updates for this hub as far as I'm aware. Any firmware updates we send to our equipment is done automatically.

I also cannot find any bridge mode related setting when I look through the documentation available for this device. 

Have you tried directly connecting to the hub with a Ethernet cable to see if your connection remains stable when under load? At this stage, I'd like to test out a direct connection if you haven't already so we can be certain that this is merely a WiFi issue and not some greater hardware or local tower issue. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

^ch

Hi

Would you be able to tell me what the latest firmware version is for this device? I keep having connection issues on my laptop and cellphone. I have found on my laptop that when using moderate load via wifi the 2.4ghz or 5ghz band will disappear and then reconnect every few minutes. If i am just browsing it seems to stay somewhat stable but if I am uploading files via FTP it seems to drop.

I ended up connecting the ZTE to my Router (D-Link) via ethernet and connecting to the router via wifi and it seems to be stable this way but I prefer to use the ZTE on its own without another router.

I have tried changing the 2.4ghz channels to 1,6, and 11 but still does not seem stable. I do not have many devices around that would interfere and my proximity to the ZTE is about 5 feet away.

Sometimes its required to reboot the ZTE to connect to it again. I am not sure what to do from here to get it working.

Are you located in a house? Or a building like an apartment?

While you might not have anything directly interfearing.. in cases of places like an apartment, the neibours, etc quite possibly could be.

In the past I had many connection issues, I found that naming 2.4 and 5 ghz different names helped.  

I am located in a house in a rural area so I don't think it's an issue with interference from other devices.

Thanks for the tip, ill try renaming the SSID's and see if that helps and report back. Thanks

I have tried renaming the SSID from the default and also changing the default password on both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz band. I am still having same issue

I have also turned off my other router just to see if there was an interference issue, but the connection keeps dropping during moderate data usage (uploading via FTP).

The only way I can currently get the connection to be stable is if I connect the ZTE to an another router and then connect the computer to the router. I know its not an issue of the mobile data connection dropping, it justs the wifi connection.

On another note too, on my computer I have turned off the power management setting for the network card. I am currently using a "Killer Wireless n/a/ac 1535 network adapter". I have updated the network card to latest drivers.

I just find it weird that I can connect to external D-Link router fine and stable but the connecting to the ZTE directly causes a drop. Maybe theres incompatibility issue between the network card on my computer and the ZTE?

Does anyone possibly have any more suggestions I could try? Is there any specific settings in the admin that could have an affect?  I have tried channel 1, 6, and 11 on the 2.4ghz band, but still same issue.

I have the same issue with the Killer Wireless Card, its definitly the Killer Wireless n/a/ac 1535 network adapter. Had to plug a wireless router in the ZTE and connect to it.

fbird
I've been here awhile

I also have had issues just this spring with the wireless connection not connecting and only way to get it back is to reboot the ZTE device.

When it happens the wifi will not connect on several devices, such as windows 10 (2 different systems) , Ipad air2, Iphone5s and |Moto G4 android etc.

I also am in a rural location and same issue has happened recently to our neighbor who has the same device (several hundred feet apart from us).

Only started happening this May so not sure if Rogers did a firmware update but I would think that is the issue.

Rogers  should look at these issues and see if there is any correlation to the issue.

Just saying as 34+ years as Computer Systems Eng when issue like this pop up all of a sudden you look for change logs as to what was recently changed. Then either roll back the change or apply an update to resolve the issue.

It is a cheap piece of equipment and the manufacturer is shady. No firmware updates in several years and a very questionable track record. This equipment needs to be updated and changed, at no cost to the user, to a hub that is reliable  and which has router capabilities as advertised.  Your own technical staff has told me that this hub is not a router (or has no router capabilities. ie. change "DNS setting to a google server").  Download rates go from 10 to 400+KB/sec over short periods of time which would indicate bad to severe  haul back rates on your towers and is a severe example of fraudulent representation of performance with this equipment. 

JessiahM
I've been here awhile

I am having connection issues with my ZTE MF275 and I when I check for updates in the admin panel it starts downloading one and then tells me it is updating. The problem is it fails every time. The hub seems to restart and disconnect during the update process, then when it connects again I am prompted to log in to the admin panel again, and I get an alert that the update failed.

I have connected the hub to my MacBook Pro via an ethernet cable. If you can't update this device with an ethernet cable, is it even possible to update at all? Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Hey @JessiahM

Welcome to our Community Forums and congratulations on your first post with us! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound. Technical issues are never fun and it's certainly imperative to ensure you stay connected at all times and have the latest software update for your device, especially during these times. Let's get this all ironed out for you. Have you by chance reached out to our Technical Support Department to address this issue yet? 

Regards, 

RogersJo

I am having this problem as well. I was using the google mesh routers connected to the MF275 via ethernet and having the devices connect to the google mesh network. Then one day it all started being a pain in the butt and started dropping connections, and really, really slowing down. The original MF275 router was so bad that I could not log into (or factory reset) the MF275 in the web admin. I gave up trying figure it out and bought another MF275. Now I can login to the webadmin page but it was still dropping connections and slowing down. (less than 1Mb/s normally it is 20 Mb/s). So next I replaced the Google mesh with a old linksys wrt1900ac I had laying around,, and a new Ethernet cable, same problem. I have 4 bars of LTE, so it is not the connection. This router is terrible, now I have two 😞

Honestly not sure what to do next.....

Hello @MapleBay

Thanks for your post.

Technical issues can always be painful. Was this working optimally before a certain point? Have you spoken to our technical support team in regards to this? If not, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your information on our file and get started.

If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system please click here

Cheers

RogersHarry

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 in conversation