cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE MF271 Data Billing Period

Boomer13
I'm here a lot

I did a quick search on the forums and could not find anything on this.

I Have an MF271 Rocket Hub.

On this hub, you can view the data that was used and reset it every month.

I could not find a setting to pick what day of the month it resets.

Right now it only resets at the beginining of the month and would like to change this to match my billing date.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Boomer

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ZTE MF271 Data Billing Period

RogersMaude

Good evening @Boomer13,

Thank you for your post!

The ideal way to track your data usage in real time, would be by logging in to your MyRogers online profile.

• Click on the Services tab and select the phone number in question, in the dropdown menu (if you have more than one).
  • Scroll down to My Wireless Usage.  You will have the ability to view in how many days the new usage cycle starts, as well as how long ago the usage was last updated.
From the information we gathered from ZTE, the details of the usage you would see in the Statistics menu is only approximate and they refer users to their service provider for actual data usage. We would therefore not recommend you to use that method.

However, you can certainly set some Data Limit Settings Smiley Wink

To do so, Select Information > Data Limit Settings and then the following page is shown.

rockethub.png

If you select Enable, the Data Limit Settings will appear.

• Limit by: Select a way to limit the data use, by data or time.
  • Monthly: Set data limit for a month. You can select unit from the drop-down list.
  • Remind me: Set a percentage to remind you when the data/time reaches the specified percentage.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RogersMaude

Good evening @Boomer13,

Thank you for your post!

The ideal way to track your data usage in real time, would be by logging in to your MyRogers online profile.

• Click on the Services tab and select the phone number in question, in the dropdown menu (if you have more than one).
  • Scroll down to My Wireless Usage.  You will have the ability to view in how many days the new usage cycle starts, as well as how long ago the usage was last updated.
From the information we gathered from ZTE, the details of the usage you would see in the Statistics menu is only approximate and they refer users to their service provider for actual data usage. We would therefore not recommend you to use that method.

However, you can certainly set some Data Limit Settings Smiley Wink

To do so, Select Information > Data Limit Settings and then the following page is shown.

rockethub.png

If you select Enable, the Data Limit Settings will appear.

• Limit by: Select a way to limit the data use, by data or time.
  • Monthly: Set data limit for a month. You can select unit from the drop-down list.
  • Remind me: Set a percentage to remind you when the data/time reaches the specified percentage.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Thanks Maude,

I was aware of this and do check it on MyRogers occasionally, but even the Rogers Wireless Usage monitor is not 100% accurate, due to it being up to 12 hour off.  By the way, it always says that the data has been "updated 12 hours ago".

When I get near the end of my billing period, and my data is close to the limit, I have to tell the kids to shut down Netfix.  lol.

I just assumed that the hub statistics would be more accurate. I guess I was wrong.

Thanks again

Boomer

gregcan
I've been here awhile

My ZTE MF271 just reset the monthly data in the middle of the month? Is this common?, Is my ZTE defective? Any suggestions?

Thx

Hey @gregcan,

Welcome to Rogers Community Forum!

Odd, that's definitely not common at all. Do you recall making any changes on the router settings?

Whats your normal billing cycle date and are you viewing this info on MyRogers?

Has there been any recent account changes completed? 

Look forward to your reply.

Regards,

RogersCilio

northofbolton
I plan to stick around
Bell usage statistics are approximately around 4 hours behind. Rogers should be able to do better than a 12 hour delay. When you have limited data on your hub plan and have to pay $5.00 a gb overage then it can become very expensive in no time flat. This is why the hub software should be upgraded to allow for an adjustment of the usage period to the actual billing period. I have 2 hubs at 100 GB each for $145.00 per hub per month. I simply do not believe changes can't be made to make this more accurate so that customers can manage data usage and avoid overages. We use hubs because we have no other workable option and we are heavily penalized for it.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 in conversation