ZTE HUB MF275 data limit

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

ZTE HUB MF275 data limit

I set the following to limit data:
Data use limit: enable
Limit by: data
Monthly: 15 GB
Remind me: 90%

Will the hub shut down the data at 15 gig or will it just remind me? How does it post the reminder? Can any user just acknowledge the reminder and keep using data? I'm asking Because I just received a 2000 dollar bill for February......

***EDITED LABELS***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: ZTE HUB MF275 data limit

Hi @Obicus,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for posting your query. Allow me to provide some clarification on how this works.

The notification system varies depending on the plan  you have. Your data bucket begins at the lowest tier each month, then automatically adjusts with your actual usage. If your plan includes the feature, the notifications are sent as browser intercept messages when usage thresholds are reached. Notifications are displayed as a pop-up online while the customer is surfing the Internet.

Anyone in the household would have the ability to acknowledge the notification and continue using the data. If you don't accept the notification, data usage will remain on hold until the next billing cycle begins.

To avoid significant data overages, feel free to keep track of your usage in real time by logging in to your MyRogers account.   

Additionally, I would have a better understanding of your billing system once we have access to your account. Please private message @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look.

Our private messaging system is explained here.

Cheers, 

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: ZTE HUB MF275 data limit

I'm not so much interested in the billing system as I am the ability to set a hard cap on subject device. The HTTP config menu on this model gives the option to enable a data limit. A notification is not a data limit and it is misleading to label it as such. I setup multiple mobile hubs with the expectation that if the data limit threshold was reached, then the hub would automatically throttle traffic at that point. Unacceptable to say the least.