Why has Rogers Eliminated the Flex Heavy Plan for Rocket Hubs?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Why has Rogers Eliminated the Flex Heavy Plan for Rocket Hubs?

@RogersLaura, your data tracker is completely useless!! The information is 12hrs out of date! This is one of the many reasons why I cancelled my Rocket Hub! It is impossible for me to use my 100gb of data without gout over! Also, why can’t you turn the service off one it hits the 100Gb mark? You have no problem shutting it down once it hits $50 over, why should I have to pay an extra $50 each month before it’s sutdown!! This is completely a cash grab!! It’s disgusting!!!
I'm a Senior Advisor

We can at least be glad that we have that 50 dollar cutoff thanks to the CRTC not the carriers. It was forced on the carriers via the wireless code. There are some members who have reported how they use a daily spreadsheet to monitor adapt and when to cut off use and almost never go over. Can't remember who it was but they had it down to a fine art.

Rogers is allowed to turn the cap off with our consent from us. Not sure why anyone would do that.

I agree the 12 delay does create a challenge in that last couple of days. I have always turned data off totally when I approached the limit and then only used it sparingly if at all to end of month. Went to doughnut shop or livrary.

If you have hit the cap of your plan 100% at midnight of last day and 12 hours before you have most likely gone over.

Only solution is cut way back knowing your typical daily use as soon as you hit say 80 to 90% depending on your usage patterns. They do warn us of the estimated delay in posted data usage but easy to get caught.

And the rocket plan is expensive and has little flexibility in limits.

Only suggestion is call in and see if there are options in packages or consider other providers.

Good luck with the challenges imposed by the nature of the limitations on our ability to monitor our accounts in real time.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

For those people using Windows there is a program called Networx available from SoftPerfect.com.

It used  to be freeware but now it is a pay program but it is still worth it.

You can monitor daily, weekly, monthly and total accumulated totals for upload and download.

You can configure it for your Starting Month.

You can also configure it to display by application.

Doug

I Plan to Stick Around

I know that there are other trackers out there, but you have to pay for them! Roger’s should be responsible For giving us an accurate and up to date data tracking and cutting off at the max!! Then giving us the decision to go over or not!! We pay enough already for our internet!!!
Topic Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 32 Likes
  • 14 in conversation