Rogers Smart Auto

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Smart Auto

@rterhune having any trouble with your car?  If the smart device was built to receive, or at least acknowledge onboard faults which are signalled over the OBD-II connector, then it would make sense that the device is trying to tell you that there is an indicated fault.  You would need an OBD-II reader to see the fault code, or, ask your car dealership service staff to check for any faults indicated by the OBD-II port.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi
In the past I got a error code. This started on two of my cars at the same time. OBD-II scan on both cars came up as no fault found. One car is a Volkswagon and the other a Jeep. In the past when I did have a issue on the Jeep it gave me the error code.

Roger.....
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Very odd.  If it started at the same time with both cars, that sounds more like an update was completed and now, for some reason, both smart devices aren't happy campers.  That's the only thing I can think of that would cause faults from both devices at the same time. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the exact same issue. It started maybe a month ago, and yes, I have some error codes that come up with my VW Beetle, but until a month ago, it was just a single notification. Now, as soon as I start and drive my car, I get constant messages. VERY annoying because before it was just a single notification with the actual error. I love the device and have found it to be useful but this is really driving me crazy now

I've Been Here Awhile

I have had Smart Drive for about a year now.

I was intrigued at the idea of my Vehicles being connected to my phone and getting updates on vehicle being tampered with and OBD II codes.

I have had it connected to multiple vehicles. 

I was hoping there would have been  an upate to the OS.

The tamper notification is very slow, I would get notification that I closed a door 20 minutes afterwards.

In that time the vehicle could be half way to USA.

The reviews online indicate the app shows fuel levels, mine does not.

On a scale of 10. I give it a 5.

Will probably not renew the contract when it expires. 

I am pleased with the OBD II codes that inform me of any problems with the vehicle.

The family enjoyed the WiFi Hotspot.

I use the trip info to log my mileage for work.

Updating the OS or App, speed up the notification and I may consider keeping it longer. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hello @GaylePort                                                                                                                                                                             When I first got my smart drive it would not work/connect to the app.

After MANY phone calls to Help, I finally reached someone who actually knew what he was doing ( sorry I dont recall his name and SORRY I dont mean to say the others did not know what they were doing, Smart Drive was brand new then ). This person discovered my Serial number the sales person registered was not the same as what I had? it was off by one digit.

I've Been Here Awhile

i was told today that smart auto has been discontinued.... ???? 

Hello @itchy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

As a current subscriber of Rogers Smart Auto, I was also disappointed to hear that the service was no longer being offered for sale. It really is a pretty handy device!

As of February 27, 2018, Rogers Smart Auto was discontinued. Existing Smart Auto customers will be supported.

RogersTony

I've Been Here Awhile

I was trying to reduce my phone bill but apparently if i change my plan I can’t keep the smart auto?
I've Been Here Awhile

Wow great business practice Rogers has.   I purchased two of these devices in the summer from Rogers and no one said it was disconnected.   I have a open ticket with support on getting over 700 messages a day on non existent faults for over 3 weeks.   Calling Tech Support has been a waste of time.  

Topic Stats