cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rocket stick to tablet

jwayne
I plan to stick around

As most new tablets have no USB port,only mini charging port.How do I connect my rocket stick?Is there a cord I can buy that goes from USB rocket stick to mini port?

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rocket stick to tablet

jwayne
I plan to stick around

So,I guess the only true answer would be to glue a note to my forehead so I remember and people at the store know not to sell me a laptop or tablet that will not work with my rocket stick.hahahahaha 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Even if you could find a USB OTG (USB On The Go) Adapter that allowed you to physically connect your Rocket Stick to your tablet, It doesn't mean it would work. The software that comes with rocket sticks is only written for PC/MAC so you would not be able to install the drivers on your Apple or Android Tablet.

There is a solution tho. They make certain model tablets with SIM card capabilities already so if you want to buy a tablet and use internet on the go, you have to buy the model of tablet that comes with a sim card slot. Then you can simply transfèr your sim card and it will work automatically. No software or silly usb rocket dongles are required. Chances are that when people buy their tablet for the first time. They do not think about this and usually buy the non sim card model cus its cheaper.

Theres one other thing rogers sold in the past not sure if they still sell it but its *like* a usb rocket stick but its called a my wifi or some thing similar its a battery powered rocket stick that just broadcasts a wifi hotspot and does *not* need to be plugged into a device. You can carry it in your pocket and connect your tablet to the wifi network from it and away you go. But you gotta carry it everywhere u plan to use internet so it might be cumbersome. Please check if they still sell this as I would not know since I dont work for Rogers nor am I a shareholder of them.

jwayne
I plan to stick around

Yes,I used to have a long,long time ago a Rogers wifi network thingy, ( haha ).I had it set up in one of my vans,but it would be to big to carry around.It was one of their first thingees to receive a mobile signal.I forgot to make sure there was a USB port on this new tablet.

jwayne
I plan to stick around

Besides the rocket stick,Rogers has two other mobile internet thingys.haha

Has anyone used or have one of the other mobile thingys that can tell us how they work,good or bad.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

We use some of them at work (both rogers and bell ones), and they work pretty well.
They are pretty much not a lot different than hot spotting to your phone itself.
Limited range (cant go super far from it) but gives it full internet access.

With the capabilities of doing the wifi hotspot on the phones, we are generally are not bothering with the other units anymore.
(though, they are a little better, if you are having possibly multiple devices connect.  Say having one at the cottage so multiple devices can connect, etc.)

jwayne
I plan to stick around

I prefer to have my own personal internet connection,rather than hotspots.

Was at the Rogers store and they told me just to take the card out of the rocket stick and install in my tablet,but I don't see doing that as I mostly use the rocket stick for my Chromebooks when out and about.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
if u want a sim card in each device with their own connection independant of one another then yes you would need multiple sim cards added to your account, costs more but you put a price on convenience, otherwise having one device act as the hot spot and all your other tablest and chrome books connect is what you do, it costs less, but you now know why

jwayne
I plan to stick around

So,I guess the only true answer would be to glue a note to my forehead so I remember and people at the store know not to sell me a laptop or tablet that will not work with my rocket stick.hahahahaha 

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation